Digital Procurement Methodologies & Governance Specialist
Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Ferrero Headquarter in Luxembourg is looking for a talented Digital Procurement Methodologies & Governance Specialist to join the Group Media Procurement & Governance team. Group Media Procurement & Governance is a central function within the structure of the CEO office. The responsibilities of the function include global media buying governance, leading the global media pitch, post tracking methodology, and scouting of external media partners and technology to implement the evolution of media and digital governance. The next steps and potential evolution of the role sees a progression within the Digital Procurement Methodologies & Governance team, or potentially within other functions including the media and digital marketing community.
Reporting line & Interactions
- Direct report to the Digital Procurement Methodologies & Governance Manager
- Collaboration at HQ and Region level with Marketing, Media, Sales Business Development, IT, and Legal.
- Coordination and interaction of key external partners (global media strategic partners, digital agencies, social media providers)
The person will join a department in charge to manage a complex eco-systems including methodologies / internal processes such as global media pitch, support to legal media contracts definition / media auditor / verification partners with the aim to safeguard and control the Ferrero digital investments, assuring their proper cost and quality through a structured approach that encompasses pitch processes and negotiations for dedicated services with key global digital partners. Furthermore, the role implies to investigate, test and implement new technologies with the potential to decrease digital buying waste, and simplify digital data management allowing flexibility and independence from Media Agencies.
Consistently with this mission, the main responsibilities of the Digital Procurement Methodologies & Governance Specialist are the following.
- Following the pitch guarantees post tracking timing: periodic reporting, budget analysis and campaign deep dives are needed to assess actual spend, mix and delivery vs AMMs and AMPG media plan signoff;
- Supporting the structuring of a global digital reporting dashboard which will allow Area Media Procurement & Governance / Group Media Procurement & Governance to review actual digital delivery;
- Manage data accuracy, availability and extrapolate key learnings or points of attention
- Point of contact for new digital channel requests, governance owner for quality/safety parameters check as defined with Institutional Affairs;
- Manage communication flow and request, escalate requests where a new channel/platform does not fall within the process/governance defined with Institutional Affairs;
- Work with and manage the conversation with global verification partner teams. Continue the weekly scheduled fixed meetings to review verification data, pilot projects, team onboarding and Quarterly Business Review governance.
- As part of the Digital Group Media Procurement & Governance, input to the Ferrero Group digital evolution, and definition of new/future methodologies and measurement solutions;
- Work with the extended Media, Marketing, Sales (Sales Business Development) global and local community to brainstorm, capture, and define the future of digital media procurement governance in preparation for the next pitch;
- Accountable for operative input during the set-up phase of the pitch process;
- Support the conversation with global media strategic partners (Facebook/Google);
- Work with Group Media Department and manage the governance of the global Joint Business Plan output with the definition of key global/local digital project;
- Work with the extended global digital teams Digital Marketing Managers to make sure the digital procurement governance and methodology structure is implemented.
Innovation & Future Development:
- Contribute to the Ferrero Group eCommerce evolution, working with the extended Media and eCommerce global and local community to brainstorm, capture, and define eCommerce flexibility within the digital governance;
- Support the budget transparency project, helping to drive media ecommerce accounting accuracy;
- Input to the Ferrero Group new digital partner and tech search, leading pilot proposal and analysis with the support of Regional Marketing Managers;
- Lead with key global partners project timetables and objectives managing the process of onboarding/delivery and final assessment;
- Work with our data partners and our global media agency partners to manage onboarding, timetables and data input;
- Align with Group Media Department reporting and dashboards.
Who we are looking for:
- BA, MA in marketing, digital marketing or engineering;
- 4-5 years working experience on digital related media topics, i.e digital marketing and/or digital development agency;
- Understanding of digital marketing tactics, channels and touchpoints;
- Understanding digital media analytics tools and advertising verification technology;
- Familiarity with digital media campaign planning and post analysis;
- Experience as Digital Media Buyer or Digital Account and Knowledge of digital buying value chain could be beneficial
- APAC and China market experience is a plus
- Excellent Collaboration and Communication skills (internal/external)
- Strong analytical ability to evaluate data and drive insight generation used for strategy input
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects independently in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in following digital media trends
- Critical thinking skills and proactivity
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.