Cybersecurity - Defense & Response Secialist
Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Cybersecurity Defense & Response Manager and to the North America Cybersecurity Manager, the Cybersecurity Defense & Response Specialist will be engaged both in operations and the development side of the cyber defense function. The role merges Incident Responder duties with project management activities. As part of your responsibilities, you will work to improve cyber defensive posture through work on visibility, monitoring, detection, response, threat intelligence, threat and environment manipulation and informing the general Cyber Security team on proposed companywide improvements. Your work will require end-to-end incident response duties including triage, containment, malware analysis, forensics, and engineering. The role involves interactions, multidepartment collaboration and business priorities giving options to versatile development.
- Perform alert triage, IOC – less detection, containment, and initiation of remediation efforts
- Cooperate with all Cyber Defense constituencies on incident response
- Hand over or accept pending incident analysis from other time zones
- Be ready to transition/specialize into/in Threat Hunter, Incident Commander, Security Generalist, Data Scientist roles
- Conduct or lead projects in the cyber defense domain in agile fashion; threat intelligence, data analytics, containment TTPs, forensics
Who we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position
- Past responsibilities preferably within the following roles: SOC operator, Incident Responder, Threat Hunter, Event Analyst, Malware Analyst
- Past development experience covering some of the specialization within the cyber defense cycle like threat intelligence, data analytics, forensics, detection, visibility, engineering etc.
- Experience in Industrial Control System, IoT, multi cloud security is considered a plus
- Familiarity with the cyber incident response, modern and automated tech supporting collection of data, monitoring, analysis, etc.
- Hands on experience with some of the following: malware analysis, detection development, forensic analysis, incident response, data science, visibility development, threat intelligence, engineering, project management
- Understanding the defensive operations and bring improvements like security tool administration, detection rule engineering, scripting, cloud security
- Experience with tools and methods for centralized and decentralized log and network traffic review, live response and forensics
- Experience with cloud solutions and general security engineering
- Knowledge of one of the main scripting and query languages: Python, MySql, etc.
- Education: Master's Degree in Computer Science, related fields, or Social Sciences
- Availability to travel: For business purposes, the Cyber Defense & Response Specialist might be required to travel for short-term assignments (estimated up to 5% of time in business trip)
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.