Customer Business Analyst, Loblaws
Job Location: North York/Toronto
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Diversity & Inclusion
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
To collect, analyse, and interpret data to report and provide insights to assist in the strategic management and development of the Ferrero business at the Customer. Data used includes sources such as Customer’s Business Systems, Ferrero Business Systems, and Nielsen. Provides full support to the National Customer Business Managers and interacts with the customer along with customer marketing, sales, customer service and management. Additionally, provides support to the customer as Embedded Vendor supporting demand planning and baseline/promotional analytics for both LCL and SDM. Finally, provides secondary support on sales administration as well as reporting to Associate Director, Sales and Sr. Director of National Accounts.
This position is located at 100 Sheppard Avenue East, North York, ON, M2N 6N5.
• Collect data and report/analyze sales metrics including but not limited to: shipments, POS sales, inventory, market performance, distribution through retailer POS systems, Nielsen, and other data sources
• Develop insights and make recommendations based on analyses
• Influence business decisions by developing sales presentations based on insights uncovered
• Complete post analysis and make recommendations for improvements to:
o Pricing strategies
o Promotional strategies
o Store level merchandising execution
• Develop insights and make recommendations for POG improvements including placement and distribution.
o Follow through on distribution gains/losses with baseline forecasting trends
• P&L, opportunity, risk & liability analyses
• Assist in the development, maintenance, and ongoing reporting of account’s strategic plan
• Support the Account Manager with building customer presentation decks
Supply Chain & Shipment Analytical Lead
• Act as lead contact between Ferrero and the Customer for forecasting supply chain issues and concerns (aka Loblaws Embedded Vendor)
o Identify issues and opportunities with customer’s demand planning team on baseline replenishment
o Prepare fact-based presentations to influence baseline and lift at customer
• Lead seasonal forecasting and execution through management of pre-season forecasting and in-season shipment tracking
• Support Ferrero supply chain team in mitigating and minimizing customer supply fines
• Assist in development of yearly business plans & monthly forecast updates
• Assist in forecast estimates for new products and adjustments on existing items
• Provide input regarding predicted effectiveness of promotional scenarios and impact to sales forecast
Field Team Communications
• Maintaining LCL Field Portal including priorities communications, updated inventory and stores not selling reports, and any other support tools for the team to leverage
• Develop booking packages for key selling seasons including concise and effective fact-based selling stories
o Develop selling decks as necessary for field team to leverage at store level
o Prepare mass mailings
• Provide support to field team to leverage booking packages and maximize orders
Administration / Sales Support
• Manage LCL Vendor Portal including listings and all applicable sku data requirements
• Support development of franchisee booking packages for key selling seasons
• Support customer sample, image, and sku info requests
• Provide administration support on volume & budget tracking, deductions, and related sales data & reporting requirements
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in Business or related field of study
• 1 to 3 years experience working within the CPG/FMCG industry
• Analytical abilities and data proficiency
• Provide original thought to interpret data – transform insights into actionable recommendations
• Detail oriented with a focus on accuracy
• Superior Microsoft Excel skills
• Strong knowledge of MS Office software proficiency (Word, Powerpoint)
• CPG & Loblaws experience an asset
• Nielsen knowledge an asset
• Proficiency in applications in an SAP environment an asset (BI)
• Budget management
• Strong critical thought process with the curiosity and ability to investigate trends and identify areas for sales focus
• Self-starter who takes initiative
• Ability to work effectively with others as well as independently without guidance and multitask in a team environment
• Ability to problem solve and set priorities
• Ability to meet deadlines & manage requests from multiple stakeholders
• Ability to work in ambiguity
• Ability to set and achieve goals
• Ability to lead and influence others
• Resourceful - strong networking skills
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and demonstrates a bias for action/sense of urgency
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Ferrero Canada is committed to taking every precaution reasonable in the circumstances to protect our employees, as well as members of the public who enter our workplace. Following Health Canada and provincial public health guidance, vaccination is an integral part of our health and safety efforts. We require that all job candidates or new hires be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Supported accommodation requests will be considered as required by law.