Country Sales Manager, Indonesia
Job Location: Jakarta
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
You will lead the direct sales team and distributor relationship in Indonesia to develop and deliver annual business growth plan and channel strategy (visibility & pricing, growth pillars). You will be responsible to establish action plan with key milestones and timeline. You will ensure systematic and efficient performance monitoring with clear KPIs to deliver target business results (topline sales, trade spend, market share, stock coverage & freshness). You will build and maintain good rapport with distributor and Key trade customers.
- Develops and proposes the annual operational sales plan for the Country Manager, proposing also medium-term sales strategy for the Country
- Ensure development and propose Commercial Policies, Trade Terms and Customer Plans
- Ensures development of National standard of Building blocks KPIs by Channel / type of POS
- Cooperates with Marketing and Trade Marketing to ensure alignment of the sales strategy with the marketing strategy
- Support development of tools for the strategic development of the retail mix: spaces, exhibits, promotion, POS Materials, planogram
- Ensures development of annual and monthly sales activity and marketing support plan (Canvas, monthly highlights), including support for new initiatives launches
- Assesses market positions and support the process of product needs and changes necessary to meet Country sales objectives, consistently with Ferrero Group goals
PMT, Budget, Objectives and Sales Forecast
- Proposes Country sales volume and sales costs for PS/budget
- Ensure development, correctness and respect of time deadlines of operatively weekly rolling sales forecasts
- Allocate volume target and trade spending to customers and clearly communicate with Distributors
- Develop sales volume budget and trade expense for PMT (by customer, pos, product, SKU), communicate with Distributors and assure control
- Ensures in line with business objectives the proper management of budget
Customer plans, Sales Development and Negotiation
- Coordinates with the distributor the implementation of the Sales Plan in the Country
- Monitors continuously the Country marketplace and Customers to determine possible market opportunities and improvement of market penetration of Company's products, ensure quantity and quality development in the assigned Country (Business Blocks KPIs)
- Continuously Monitors Customers Performance, ensure development of action plans to improve performance
- Support Distributors in presentation of the activities plan and the trade budget to main customers
- Support Distributors in managing the Sales Team, communicating sales objectives and suggesting channel approached in accordance with trade marketing guidelines
- Ensure achievement of the sales targets (Building Blocks KPIs)
- Manage distributors, ensure payment to Ferrero, follow up credits and assure the information flow from distributor on sales and expenses
- Ensure application of KA agreements (if any)
- Propose the optimal sales force structure in terms of headcount, dedicated vs shared reps, roles and location.
Planning and Control
- Monitors field activities, performances and accomplishment of sales conditions, agreements, relevant BB KPIs and the customers’ profitability
- Ensure stock management and control; propose actions to solve over-stocks and out-of stock situation
- Ensure that all agreed reports are provided timely and accurately
- Control the Trade spending
Marketing and Trade Marketing
- Implement brand strategies, achieve qualitative and quantitative objectives set by marketing, regularly share with Marketing and Trade Marketing information and feedback
- Ensure implementation of TM strategies and proper in-store activities execution.
- Makes proposals and share best local practices to Trade Marketing on new types of POS Material and in-store activities.
- Talent Management: recruitment, coach direct team and performance management
Who we are looking for:
- Min. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- At least 8 years’ experience in similar roles
- Strong analytical, people management, account management, negotiation and leadership skills
- Proactive, dynamic, responsible, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, result-oriented
- Market Knowledge: Traditional & Modern Trade, Impulse Channel; Ferrero Portfolio; Channel & Customer Plan; Commercial Logistics; Sales, Field & Merchandising Processes
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of commercial and office software (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint)
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
We encourage all our people to think creatively to set personal targets and objectives and push new, better ways to work. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organization dimension, so should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and be able to build proper relations with stakeholders at all levels. A demonstrable consumer-focused attitude and autonomy in managing relationships will help you in building your position among stakeholders and achieving expected sales outcomes.