Job Location: Chicago, IL
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Electricity and Automation Engineer is responsible for all aspects related to Electricity, Automation, Process Control, Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and the Factory Automation System (FAS) infrastructure, applications and resources according to corporate strategies, standards, specifications and local codes and regulations.
The E&A Engineer maintains the existing electrical and automation infrastructure and applications. This means mastering the solutions in place to be able to:
• Perform troubleshooting in case of problems and ensure the PLC or HMI applications are properly managed
• Conduct preventive maintenance on power distribution and automation equipment
• Ensure power quality
• Keep electrical power distribution and automation drawings and documentation updated
• Manage the instrument calibration program for regulatory and quality compliance
• Modify the automation applications when operational changes are performed on the production lines
• Manage industrial applications and hardware in the automation layer
• Automation equipment change management policy/procedures
• Meet compliance with all company and local regulatory standards and requirements.
• Manage Electricity and Automation equipment standardization for plant
• Build internal capabilities within the E&A team
Who we are looking for:
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent, preferably electrical engineering OR 1 year industrial electrical experience and 2 year technical degree OR 3+ years industrial electrical experience
• Minimum 3 years experience in the field of electricity in a manufacturing facility.
• In-depth knowledge of Electricity, in low voltage, medium voltage and high voltage installations.
• Good knowledge of local electrical code and standards
• Good knowledge of Instrumentation and Process Control Systems.
• In-depth knowledge of HMIs, PLCs,
• Knowledge of food processing operations and technology.
• Knowledge on MES (Manufacturing Execution System).
• Knowledge on manufacturing IT, industrial networks and applications
• Good knowledge of electrical safety
• Knowledge of food safety, regulatory requirements for food safety, hygienic engineering and quality systems.
Must be able to work 9:00pm-5:30am.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.