Consumer & Shopper Understanding Manager, APAC (8 Months Contract On 3rd Party Payroll)
Job Location: Singapore
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Ferrero Asia Pacific (FAP) is a family-owned multi-national company producing love brands such as Nutella, Kinder, Ferrero Rocher, and Tic Tac, which have massive growth potential in the region. Ferrero values include social responsibility, quality, integrity, research and innovation, with Consumer & Shopper Understanding (CSU) having a seat at the regional board. FAP takes pride in its people as much as its products, placing emphasis on long-term sustainable growth and employee well-being over short-term profits.
The purpose of this role is to support the regional research department in managing consumer research projects for Nutella, Tic Tac, Ferrero Rocher, and Kjeldsens in Asia Pacific, which includes ANZ, SEA, HKTW, JPKR.
Specifically, the CSU Manager will:
• Plan and execute research projects
• Ensure that the research is in line with the overall business objectives and marketing strategy
• Answer business questions through consolidation and analysis of existing information
• Directly influence business strategy, communications, pricing, media investments, retail, go to market, etc. via insights
• Drive insights into action that improve business results
• Report to Consumer Insights Nutella/Tic Tac/Pralines Manager
• Finalize market research brief documents and brief research agencies
• Define and recommend, to both marketing and line manager, the best solution from a value-for-money point of view, finalize the methodology and negotiate costs
• Be responsible for the day-to-day management of research projects
• Write executive summaries for research projects. Collect and interpret findings and create clear relevant insights-driven presentations addressing business/ marketing issues.
• Liaise between the different stakeholders. Manage effective relationships with internal customers and external suppliers to ensure projects are delivered on time and are of high quality.
• Collaborate with the marketing team, both at local and area level, to ensure that research decisions are in line with strategy and that all findings are shared
Who we are looking for:
• Minimum 5 years in FMCG consumer insights (client-side and/or agency)
• Extensive experience leading BOTH quantitative and qualitative research projects
• Hands on experience in business intelligence/analytics
• Excellent consolidation skills - ability to integrate information from multiple sources and create clear, simple, coherent, logical conclusions, insights, and recommendations;
• Ability to tell stories via data and insights
• Significant on-the-ground experience in Asia
• Familiar with Microsoft Office, Nielsen software
Nice to Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field a plus (Engineering, Economics, Statistics, etc.)
• Experience in a regional FMCG role a plus
• Experience with data visualization a plus
• Good command of Asian languages other than English is a plus
Soft Skills and Management Skills:
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills; ability to influence business teams and stakeholders
• Collaborative and ability to work in a multi-functional team
• Good listener
• Strong work ethic
• Effectively works in a matrix organization (Area, Region, Clusters) and patient with multiple alignments
• Organized and attentive to detail
• Positive mindset, open minded and curious, adaptable to changes
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.