Consumer Research Manager - Butterfinger + Portfolio
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Consumer Research Manager - Butterfinger + Portfolio is a strategic business partner for the chocolate category team of 12. The Butterfinger+ Portfolio includes Butterfinger, Crunch, 100 Grand, Raisinets and 6 more brands. This manager is responsible for generating consumer insights that inform marketing mix decisions (packaging, promotion, positioning, communication, graphics) for current commercialized products. The role requires strong marketing acumen, commercial understanding, analytical skills, consultative skills, strategic thinking, understanding of statistics and consumer metrics, and proficiency across a broad range of quantitative and qualitative research methods including those for concept testing, food sensory evaluation, communication testing (including digital measurement), packaging and graphics testing, price testing, test marketing, consumer segmentation, attitude and usage measurement and brand equity measurement. This position will be based in our Parsippany, NJ office and report to the VP of Consumer and Shopper Understanding.
- Lead an annual brand situation assessment (Insights Day) and deliver consumer insights which define opportunities to drive growth as input to annual plans
- Identify trends which will impact brand performance short and long term
- Research Planning and Budgeting:
- In collaboration with the brand teams, define consumer research needs with respect to brand strategies, budget for those needs, and execute plan within budget. Identify capability gaps, emerging needs, and new technologies that will create competitive advantage
- Proposal Development:
- Consults with marketing team to clearly define insights needs and identify the right approach to research. Collaborate with appropriate vendors to develop research proposals that answer business questions
- Vendor Management:
- Brief, evaluate, select, and manage vendors to deliver results
- Project and Stakeholder Management:
- Manage projects with respect to timing, budget, agreed deliverables, and needs of multiple stakeholders
- Inform and Influence:
- Analyze results and communicate in a clear and compelling manner to influence decisions
- Integrate Learning:
- Integrate learning across multiple sources (retail sales, household panel, social media, media data, marketing mix etc) to understand brand barriers and opportunities
- Marketing Communication Effectiveness:
- Work with the marketing and Ad Agency teams on campaign development from idea development to in market measurement
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business/marketing discipline required; MBA preferred
- 8+ years experience in CPG marketing or related role
- Strong expertise and experience with the following:
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Marketing metrics
- Questionnaire design
- Digital measurement
- Univariate and multivariate statistics
- Project management
- Vendor management
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.