Commercial Health & Safety (Non-Manufacturing)
Job Location: Pune
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The local Health & Safety support for non-manufacturing activities is responsible to support Region India Health & Safety in providing H&S services to commercial activities (Offices and Sales force). The aim is to continually improve the Health and Safety of everyone working for Ferrero, be it at on office or in the field (Sales force) while also satisfying all legal and company requirements relevant for these activities.
- Ensure health and safety risks on the different areas (Offices and Sales force) are identified, evaluated and mitigated.
- Define local H&S objectives and programs as appropriate, in accordance with Group and Regional guidelines
- Conduct H&S incident investigations (incl. Near Misses) to determine root causes and define action plans
- Work with different stakeholders to maintain full compliance with regulatory and group requirements
- Monitor and verify local adherence to work safety standards and procedures as well as implementation of all corrective actions identified during audits, inspections, risk assessments, etc.
- Regular reporting on H&S metrics, status, issues, non-compliances, incidents to local, regional and group stakeholders
- Continually increase the awareness and engagement of everyone on safety, promoting and developing a proactive culture of safety in the different areas.
- Contribute to development of and ensure the implementation of local Strategic Plans in full alignment with regional and group Strategic Plans
- Organize emergency response at non-manufacturing locations and coordinate evacuation drills
HEATH & SAFETY RISK ASSESMENT
- Conduct and review risk assessments on a regular basis
- Jointly with functions, determine mitigation activities for risks identified, in order to prevent injures or adverse health impacts to employees
- Monitor implementation of agreed mitigation activities and report on implementation status
POLICIES and PROCEDURES
- Monitor adherence to H&S policies, procedures and work instructions by conducting regular inspections in offices
- Drive and support local roll out of H&S projects and programs (including wellbeing)
TRAINING & AWARENESS
- Organize and conduct H&S training for Offices, Stores, Drivers, to ensure competency and awareness on H&S and comply with legal requirements
- Coach managers on their accountability for safety and how to approach their staff on the topic
INTERFACES PROCUREMENT and WORKPLACE MANAGEMENT
- Provide H&S input to design offices and stores, purchasing, installation of equipment or changes to premises layout, new construction, facility design, etc.
- Ensure preventive maintenance on safety related equipment is planned and conducted as per manufacturer recommendations
- Maintains relations with concerned public authorities, collaborates during inspections and visits of working areas.
- Ensures all H&S related licenses, notification, reporting requirements are met and related documents are maintained.
- Regular reporting on Health & Safety performance and initiatives of non-manufacturing sites, status of H&S corrective and preventive actions
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a health & safety professional with 5 to 10 years of professional experience.
It is mandatory to have a NEBOSH certification to apply for the role, as well as an advanced diploma or Masters degree in Health & Safety.
Candidates who have experience organizating and managing fleet safety and road safety programs will have an added advantage.
Corporate health & safety experience, logistics health & safety experience is greatly valued in the role.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.