Co-Pack Production Planner
Job Location: Somerset, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Production Planner Co-Pack/Re-Pack is responsible for utilizing SAP/APO to create a long term capacity plan, taking into consideration the market request, production capabilities and efficiencies, component availability and required labor. A high level of communication and interaction with Demand Planning, Sales, Marketing, Program Management, Marketing, Deployment, Transportation, Warehousing, Purchasing, LDU/DPU, Quality, IT, Production and Copacker Management is critical to the success of the role.
This position is based in Somerset, NJ and it reports to the Production Planning Manager.
- Leads weekly operational meetings with internal and/or external production teams to discuss the current production plan, required staff, sets priorities and overcomes obstacles encountered
- Responsible for coordination of incoming bulk materials and timing of defrost to ensure quality of finished goods.
- Measures and monitors production floor output/performance and makes required scheduling changes as needed.
- Participates in cross functional meetings to align production deadlines/constraints
- Responsible for communicating to top tier suppliers to monitor output/product availability and schedule component releases to minimize 3rd party warehousing costs
- Responds to demand and supply changes in a timely and accurate manner in order to minimize production downtime and maintain efficiencies
- Works closely with sales and customer service to ensure that finished goods are available for customer orders as needed.
- Provides to the manager of the department weekly information on risk of out of stock items and delayed customer orders
Who we are looking for:
- Intermediate level SAP experience required
- 3-5 years capacity planning experience within a production environment required
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookup) required
- Thorough understanding of production operations and material flows is required
- Prior experience working with 3PL preferred
- Ability to create standardized processes and implement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations or logistics
- Strong ability to multitask and set priorities
- Occasional travel required
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.