Job Location: Chicago
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Co-Manufacturing Manager will be the responsible for effective delivery at up to ten Co-Pack/Re-Pack locations across the US producing. This role is responsible for developing and implementing effective packaging sourcing strategies, and lead make vs buy decisions, to optimize packaging costs and obsolescence risk. The Co-Manufacturing manager is also responsible for cost saving measures at 3rd party locations, drafting and managing contracts ensuring performance of the supplier to contract obligations, and quantitative analysis to identify financial impacts of decisions. The position will be involved in capital investments for opportunities to expand capabilities and/or capacity for volume growth.
- Define team goals and priorities
- Support the development of team members by providing guidance and training
- Identify risks and issues, suggest alternatives that lead to the best solution
- Cultivate supplier and manufacturer relationships through regular communication and business reviews
- Identify cost saving measures at 3rd party locations
- Create and implement programs to develop, continuously improve, govern, rationalize and monitor SLA's/KPI's of the 3PLs
- Work to understand available capacity line process detail, and troubleshoot production line layouts for efficiencies and quality
- Coordinate with Production Planner and 3rd party management to align on future production needs
- Maintain SKU production start dates and track deliveries in order to meet start date; schedule and lead meeting with 3rd parties and internal stakeholder to get deliveries completed
Contracting and negotiation:
- Draft and manage contracts ensuring performance of the supplier to contract obligations
- Monitor agreements throughout the contract life cycle for price increases, product launches, appropriate approvals, expirations, etc.
- Utilize negotiations to maximize value and cost savings benefit while lowering risk
- Review contractual performance of both parties to ensure compliance with terms and to Identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal
- Amend and/or renew contracts with 3PLs
- Quantitative analysis to identify financial impacts of decisions
- Ensure invoice accuracy for all contract manufactures and adherance to budget
- Responsible for line efficiency and turnkey costs STD vs ACT
- Assist with 3rd party budgeting process
- US co-packing network budgeting process
- Identify and implement an effective packaging sourcing strategy to optimize packaging costs and obsolescence risk
- Oversee project groups for the development and launch of new products
- Coordinate new product launches between 3rd Party Copacker, Packaging Development, Planning and Cost Accounting
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define SLA's and KPI’s for suppliers and measure the appropriate criteria
- Conduct presentations to internal stakeholders and business reviews with 3PLs
- Project escalations
- Propose opportunities to expand capabilities and/or capacity for volume growth
- Perform business process analysis and develop models to improve cost
- Assess contract manufacturers for their ability to manufacture finished good products within the requirements of the company
Who we are looking for:
4 – 7 years of relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- The person in this role should be familiar and comfortable working in a production environment
- Ability to clearly communicate goals and objectives
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management and public groups
- Ability to work successfully towards strict deadlines, as well as independently on multiple, simultaneous assignments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic environment
- Highly organized; analytical with strategic thinking skills
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.