Chief Power Engineer
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As the Chief Engineer of a First Class Facility, you are responsible for the management of the Utilities team, the coordination of internal and external stakeholders and management of new investments. You will assist in resolving technical issues and will be accountable for the completion of the scheduled PM’s. You will be responsible for overseeing all safety, regulatory and certification tasks for the boilers/chillers/compressed air and pressure vessels, pressure pipelines in compliance with T.S.S.A. regulations. This role will also provide professional technical direction for the entire design and consulting process for a specialized engineering discipline (boiler/steam), while enforcing and promoting all company guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the safe and continuous operation of a process steam plant, chillers, boilers and other equipment
- Guarantee the operation of cooling and compressed air production systems, potable waters system, HVAC systems, and ensure their continuous operation;
- Develop, review and maintain all engineering standards and specifications relating to chillers, boilers & pressure vessels for the plant;
- Develop and review safe plant operating procedure manual;
- Ensure accurate detailed logs are maintained as it relates to but not limited to; safety inspections of the boilers, high pressure vessels, and all related equipment
- Ensure the completion of daily Operating Engineer Log of all relevant equipment maintenance, incidents and status changes;
- Responsible for document control of inspections from external entities and providing the proper documentation relating to internal and external audits..
- Ensure the placement of orders for equipment.
- Ensure the operation of the building automation systems as well as responding to alarms and assisting management to resolve incidents and/or emergencies
- Ensure the observance of water levels, pressures, and temperatures and the adjustment of equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation of equipment;
- Determine problems and anomalies from normal operating parameters, and ensure the recording and reporting of all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences;
- Ensure records of fuel consumption, maintenance services, repairs, and supplies are maintained;
- Assist the Plant team for the management of emergency situations;
- Comply with and enforce TSSA procedures and safety operating guidelines;
- Identify opportunities for improving and development of energy savings;
- Direct ongoing cost control measures regarding all activities in the Utilities Department.
- Organize and carry out the implementation of programs of the boilers and pressure vessels maintenance systems;
- Provide technical support for the repair, design and alteration of pressure equipment as required by codes or regulatory bodies;
- Conduct inspections of operating plant to ensure that it is managed, operated and maintained safely
- Work to optimize the efficiency of all systems
Health & Safety
- Ensure the necessary actions to guarantee safe work conditions compliant with individual and environmental safety;
- Guarantee the availability of accident prevention protective measures and the training of the Utilities personnel;
- Participate and review with H&S all plans for continuous improvement of safety;
- Represent the company along with H&S when dealing with the fire department, public utility representatives, TSSA etc., in matters relating to physical plant systems (waste, water, fire, emissions, compliance, etc.).
- Ensure the high quality standards of Ferrero in Sanitation & Hygiene, Food Safety & Quality, Lean Manufacturing, Environmental and Energy Savings are met and upheld.
- Manage the development, training and mentorship of the engineering staff in maintaining the plant production equipment and utilities systems (People Management).
Who we are looking for:
- 1st Class Stationary Engineer ticket, issued by TSSA
- Technical experience in Power Generation/ Transmission/ Distribution, and/or Secondary Plant systems
- Power plant system and technology knowledge
- Knowledge of relevant processes, procedures, policies, guidelines and legislation
- Technical problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Cost analysis / economic evaluation skills
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Communication skills
- Technical report writing
- Safety consciousness
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.