Channel & Category Manager, SEA
Job Location: Singapore
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As a manager of people, you will be the point of contact within Trade Marketing for all channel / category, providing support to Sales and Marketing in the development of the Company Plan (Bottom-up) for the category and building the trade marketing capability for the team. You will actively work with the Head of Trade Marketing and Commercial Development, and plan and deploy the Channel and Category strategy. You will play an important role in building the trade marketing knowledge, generate insights and conduct analysis to to support the business in delivering its objectives. Given that it is a team management role, you will help ensure strong people management principles and work to improve the team capability through regular coaching and mentoring of the direct team being managed. You will liase actively with marketing organization and category heads to develop align and co create the category execution templates and set up shopper marketing agency framework for core categories.
Category Growth Plan
- Responsible for the development of the trade marketing plan, in alignment on the brand plan with Marketing
- Identify brand opportunities and challenges for the categories
- Innovation deployment plan for all new products / New market entry
- Definition of the listing recommendation (permanent, in&out, exclusive)
- Create a canvas to be deployed on a regular basis for the in market teams
- Develop activation plan guidelines for the assigned Channels
- Setting up review framework and ensuring regular performance reviews of Ferrero across categories
- Responsible of analysis of Ferrero’s performance, considering all the categories and customers vs competitors with the aim to understand key performance drivers, risks / challenges and opportunities
- Responsible for the identification of the potential for growth that could be presented to the countries and quantify the potential in terms of uplift, margin, ROI, etc.
- Responsible of the monitoring of the channel/country performance: identification of business potential at Channel/country level, highlight any issues / opportunities
- Monitor the activity ROI for key channels and prepare a learning documents for all key initiatives
Key Customer / Category / Country Management
- Ensure category objectives are duly met across markets and customers.
- Responsible of the consolidation of the Country Channel/Customer plan and of the check of key initiatives coherence with the guidelines (Listing / promotional plan in focus. Volume proposal challenge.
- Provide support to Trade marketing teams during plan closure with the assigned Country/customer
- Responsible to track and report the category shifts and analysis of the Nielsen category data including share movements, price movements and competition updates
- Own and deploy the category planning process and take ownership of the category plans in sync with marketing for both the long term and short term
- Identify the core category – in-store drivers and help create a PICOS and Category execution Play book
- Build a learning mindset and set up review principles for all key activities rolled out
- Track and report competition activities across categories
- Responsible to ensure the trade marketing teams are supporting the preparation of generic planograms at channel level, with guidelines and indications on how to place the products on the shelves, for the category assigned
- Work in sync with its team to identify business potential for one / more categories assigned at Channel/customer’s level.
- Guide the trade marketing team in conducting Category assessment from Customer perspective, according to specific business needs, for example: brand range review in hypermarkets
Insights and Learnings
- Prepare the category briefs for POSM development and work in sync with POS manager for the development of the POS materials (development, layout, quantities & cost)
- Develop Channel insights and work with CSU to identify research objectives for diff categories
- Create and align category projects for key markets and set up the project objectives
- Basis the learnings , Identify deploy and track resources needed to meet the growth objectives of the business
- Develop a learning log of competitive learnings and learnings from other Ferrero regions etc to support a learning mindset
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in a business/marketing discipline
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in Channel & Category Management or relevant field
• Experience gained preferably in FMCG environment
• Proactive, resilient, self-motivated, dynamic, growth mindset and good people management skill
• Fluency in English
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
We encourage all our people to think creatively to set personal targets and objectives and push new, better ways to work. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on three dimensions: individual, team and organization that’s why you should have the ability to work independently, proactively and as a team member. Demonstrate great organizing skills and an ability to collaborate will help you in building your position among stakeholders and achieve team goals.