Category Sales Planner - Reporting & Special Projects
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Category Sales Planner - Special Projects & Reporting is a high visibility role and functions as a conduit of information between the Channel Sales teams, Sales Forecasting, Trade Marketing, Customer Service, Demand Planning, and Supply Planning teams. The primary interactions of this role are with the Sales teams (Channel VPs, CMMs, Team Leads and Account Managers). This role works with all brands across both the Legacy and Butterfinger+ portfolios and will be based in Parsippany, NJ.
The focus of this role is to provide keen data analysis and improve process efficiency, data visibility, brand profitability, and forecast quality. This type of analysis requires strong analytical skills, a quantitative mindset, and the ability to conceptualize and present the big picture.
- Serve as the Power BI Reporting Lead
- Create new methods and processes to streamline workflows, create efficiencies, and improve outputs
- Collaborate with team members and communicate relevant information to leadership
2. Volume Tracking
- Track data on a daily, monthly and seasonal basis
- Partner with Channel Leads, Field Sales, Sales Forecasting, and Customer Service
3. Monthly Forecast Accuracy Reporting
- Communicate and review reporting with Channel Leads and Field Sales
- Partner with Sales Forecasting Brand Leads
4. Aging/Destruction Risk Mitigation and Reporting
- Partner with Channel Leads and Field Sales, Sales Forecasting Brand Leads
- Collaborate with Finance and Supply Chain
5. Seasonal Program Management
- Timeline Communication
- Reporting – Forecast and Pacing
- Cross Functional Alignment
- Gap Review and Resolution
- Closeout Partnership
6. Strategic Accounts Focus
- Partner with Key Account Managers/Leads to develop Item/Brand/Portfolio Forecasts
- Account for growth drivers and volume drainers
- Collaborate with Sales Forecasting Brand Leads to maximize visibility
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or a related field
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in Sales Planning, Forecasting, or Demand Planning (CPG Preferred)
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting data to provide insights; supply chain experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills in order to analyze and interpret data
- Comfort and ability to navigate multiple levels of interaction including Senior Leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group
- Develops and maintains positive cross functional relationships
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner
- Effective time management; maximizes productivity to deliver on-time and accurate analysis
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.