Category Sales Planner - Inventory Strategy
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Category Sales Planner – Inventory Strategy is responsible for owning the development and implementation of key inventory strategic initiatives across a category with overall growth revenue of more than $350 million. This high visibility role functions as a critical conduit of leading all internal/external communications between our Channel Sales teams, Trade Marketing, Customer Service, Demand Planning, and Supply Planning teams. The role will also maintain accountability for developing and delivering new processes for Inventory Management aligned with customer specific demand. The ability to conceptualize, create solutions, and lead the implementation of customer inventory demand opportunities is essential to the overall operating principles of this position. The position will be based in our US headquarters in Parsippany, NJ and report to the Sales Forecasting Manager.
- Accountable for leading and influencing our process for Volume Review and Pacing at Item/Account Level
- Daily, Monthly, by Session
- By Channel, Region, and Customer
- Responsible for managing all Aging/Destruction Risk Mitigation for the US Sales Team
- Partner with Channel Leadership, Key Account Managers, Sales Forecasting Brand Leads
- Collaborate with Finance/Supply Chain to create solutions for selling thru residual inventory
- Incorporate Quality and Freshness into overall Strategy
- Responsible for Strategic Execution
- Accountable for driving alignment with Supply, Deployment, and Customer Service on volume demand for customer vs known supply gaps
- Management of SAP Quota application for directing supply to account priorities applying Customer Segmentation model
- Develop and lead all communication streams to ensure alignment and visibility across functions (Sales – Supply Chain – Trade Marketing – Customer)
- Develop all customer communications with consistent business narrative from a product supply and inventory management for controlling customer demand
- Lead meetings with Sales Leadership while driving alignment across all channels for evaluating inventory levels by brand/item, risk identification
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or a related field
- 3+ years of progressive experience in Sales Planning, Forecasting, or Demand Planning (CPG Preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills in order to analyze and interpret data
- Comfort and ability to navigate interaction with Senior Leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to build consensus
- Excellent organizational skills and presentation capabilities
- Strong critical thinking skills and capacity to develop solutions
- Detail oriented with a highly analytical mindset for creative problem solving
- Ability to generate positive relationships and foster a collaborative environment with cross functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and in a variety of cultures
- Communication skills – advanced writing and communication skills
- Ability to convince, influence, and motivate all levels within the business to achieve objectives
- Effective time management; maximizes productivity to meet critical monthly check-points
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.