Category Sales Planner - Butterfinger+ portfolio
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Category Sales Planner – Butterfinger+ portfolio has partial responsibility of the Butterfinger+ category (Crunch, Baby Ruth, 100 Grand, Raisinets, Goobers, Chunky, and Sno Caps) with an overall growth revenue of more than $225 million. The role's duties involve developing sales forecasts, implementing and improving business processes, spoil analysis, developing and executing allocation strategies, and SKU rationalization. Through keen data analysis, the Category Sales Planner's work results in improved productivity, brand profitability and forecast quality. This type of analysis requires strong analytical skills, a quantitative mindset and the ability to conceptualize and present the be big picture. This role is critical to cross functional success as it bridges communication and alignment across Marketing, Trade Marketing, Demand Planning, Supply Chain, Field Sales and Sales Leadership.
- Develop sales forecast inputs at the topline as well as at multiple sales channel levels using SAP BI/BW, Advanced Excel, IRI databases and PowerBI to ensure the organization meets financial and sales budgets for fiscal year period
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis including shipment: consumption ratios, trend review, forecast accuracy, risk assessment, spoils and waste mitigation, and identification of closeout opportunities
- Review historical sales trends and research demand drivers using Power BI and IRI reporting to target better forecast accuracy, develop processes (through Sales & Operations Planning) to monitor and manage inventory levels, and execute promotional strategies.
- Create ship-to-consumption scenario analysis to provide quantitative relationship between past and future consumption trend, inventory status, order pacing, and category growth to manage finished goods supply through supply chain network during biggest promotional events as they occur at top USA retailers
- Partner with Trade Promotional & Category Management Team to analyze promotional plans, product rollout and its launch to provide directions to the retail team on accurate sales planning
- Perform analysis on various metrics such as trends, seasonality, inventory levels to investigate operational (short term) demand & strategic (long term) demand
- Review customer forecast and inventory levels at different time horizons by considering the product's "Sell Through," distribution gain or loss, seasonality, lift, promo protection and cannibalization of new product launches on everyday business, all of which helps to strategize demand for the short term and long term
- Evaluate demand and provide risk mitigation plan to ensure national account managers revise monthly forecast in alignment with the business cycle
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or a related field
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in Sales Planning, Forecasting, or Demand Planning (CPG Preferred)
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting data to provide insights; supply chain experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills in order to analyze and interpret data
- Comfort and ability to navigate multiple levels of interaction including Senior Leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group
- Develops and maintains positive cross functional relationships
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner
- Effective time management; maximizes productivity to deliver on-time and accurate analysis
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.