Category Sales Planner - Butterfinger+ portfolio
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Category Sales Planner – Butterfinger+ portfolio has shared responsibility of the category with one other Category Sales Planner on the team. This role will serve as the lead on Sales Planning for this group and will have specific brand ownership as well as overall portfolio responsibility. The Butterfinger+ portfolio includes Butterfinger, Crunch, Assorted and Seasonal Total Portfolio layers on Baby Ruth, 100 Grand, Raisinets, Chunky, Goobers, and Sno Caps. This position will develop sales forecasts, implement and improve business processes, conduct spoil analysis, develop and execute allocation strategies, and SKU rationalization. Through keen data analysis, this work will result in improved productivity, brand profitability and forecast quality. This type of analysis requires strong analytical skills, a quantitative mindset and the ability to conceptualize and present the big picture. The Category Sales Planner will work cross functionally and bridge communication and alignment across Marketing, Trade Marketing, Demand Planning, Supply Chain, and Field Sales and Sales Leadership.
The Category Sales Planner's focus is (but not limited to) the following:
- Key Responsibilities:
- Sales Planning POV focus in partnership with Demand Planning
- Develop constrained and seasonal display item allocation
- Provide weekly forecast validation and short term item level demand forecast
- Provide mid term monthly item/brand level demand forecast
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis including shipment: consumption ratios, trend review, forecast accuracy, risk assessment, spoils and waste mitigation, and identification of closeout opportunities
- Partnership with Supply Chain
- Develop a collaborative partnership with Demand and Supply Planning
- Understand lead times on everyday, seasonal, and display items
- Anticipate demand fluctuations as they impact the supply plan – distribution changes, consumption trends, promotions, and customer inventory position
- Partnership with Sales
- Lead account manager calls across accounts to review consumption and shipment trends as compared to field forecast
- Provide recommendations on forecast adjustments where applicable
- Secure the customer level point of view inclusive of drivers and drainers bridging from LY to current forecast
- Understand bottoms up item level forecasts and review at topline in comparison with shipment and consumption trends
- Partnership with Trade Marketing
- Assist with Tentpole activations and promotional activity
- Develop customer specific activations and distribution changes
- Understand brand strategy and innovation
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or a related field
- 4+ years of progressive experience in Sales Planning, Forecasting, or Demand Planning (CPG Preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills in order to analyze and interpret data
- Comfort and ability to navigate interaction with Senior Leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solution oriented
- Effective time management skills and experience; maximize productivity to meet critical monthly check-points
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please note that all Ferrero employees are required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19. If you accept an offer of employment from Ferrero, you are expected to abide by Ferrero’s Commercial COVID-19 Vaccination Guidelines and General Procedures, a copy of which will be provided to you upon hire.