Category Planning Specialist
Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Category Planning Specialist for our US Headquarters. In this role, you will guarantee the production and stock planning in the short to long term, through the analysis of the sales plans, available stocks, capacity constraints, and eventual operational constraints (packaging, supply network, etc.). You will also be responsible for the maximization of service level to markets, the correct management of stock coverage in relation to the defined freshness targets, through the development of the most suitable planning process for the group plants and supply chain.
- Define the production allocation (Qty/ SKU/ lines) to the different plants, based on available technologies, production capacity and specific constraints, optimizing industrial / supply cost variables
- Planning of budget volumes on the production lines, through a detailed analysis of production and supply chain constraints, proposing possible re-allocations, highlighting possible criticalities and providing a macro plan for manpower consumption
- Support the evaluation of in-sourcing and out-sourcing
CONSISTENT CATEGORY PRODUCTION PLANNING
- Ensure consistency of planning by category (e.g. pure local categories)
- Creation of production planning sharing operating constraints (packaging, supply network, etc.) with the product and procurement functions
- Responsible for mid-term production of category along the operations plan
- Support Operating Planners during cases of criticalities and managing arbitrage process (i.e. shortages, unexpected reduction in production capacity, etc.)
- Point person for any request for capacity analysis coming from outside operations
- Run capacity analysis considering the existing assets
- Engage or re-direct to operations development teams, when capacity analysis requires investments
- Analyze the product innovations and define appropriate golden rules
- Define the impact of new SKUs in the existing portfolio, update rules and help continuous
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics or Industrial/Management Engineering
- Previous experiences in operations (manufacturing, supply chain, production planning)
- Preferably 1-3 years of experience in fast moving consumer goods companies
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel advanced) and SAP APO
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.