Category Development Specialist
Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our Ferrero Head Quarters in Luxembourg we are currently looking for a Category Development Specialist who will support the definition of strategic guidance to develop our client business for the assigned category from a Category Management & Shopper Marketing perspective, with a global responsibility.
- Work in a cross-functional way with strategic Marketing and local Trade Marketing/Category Management teams to bring the right focus on Sales/Category dimensions;
- Fostering the business intelligence for the category/channel in scope to develop a solid Group understanding and formulate insights and recommendations for the strategy development;
- Supporting the Shopper Marketing/Category Management analyses to create deep and actionable insights and sharing with Central Marketing, Area Marketing and Business Units;
- Supporting the development of full portfolio architecture (focus on selling unit – Trade Unit) for the category in scope, which includes guidelines per channel according to the market structure and the local sales capabilities;
- Contributing to the translation of the Category/Trade Marketing strategies into actionable activation guidelines at store level (‘picture of success’) for the channel and relative KPIs to monitor the quality execution;
- Developing Trade Marketing toolkit including international POS Material portfolio answering channel needs, global BTL activity grids and impactful trade selling story;
- Prior to new launches, providing Central Marketing with insights and recommendations on the key commercial domains (i.e. Range recommendation by channel, pricing strategy, category vision and selling story etc.);
- Monitor the deployment/execution of global best-practice guidelines via scorecards;
- Maintain a high level of Retail /Category Management /Shopper knowledge & understanding to be able to nurture all stakeholders, also looking into more disruptive channels & new trends.
Who we are looking for:
- University Degree, MBA is a plus;
- 3 years in a similar function within well-structured multinational company operating in the FMCG sector;
- Expertise in FMCG;
- Business understanding of trading dynamics;
- Good understanding of Shopper marketing & Category management;
- Expertise in merchandising and field force experience is a plus;
- Expertise in working with panel data (e.g. Nielsen, Kantar, IRI) is a plus;
- Have the capabilities to influence the agenda & priorities of key functions & stakeholders at both central & local levels.
- Fluent in English, any other language is a plus.
- MS Office (especially PowerPoint and Excel);
- VBA is a plus.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.