Business Unit Controller - Sales
Job Location: Greenford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Are you looking for an opportunity to make Ferrero brands even more extraordinary? Look no further, at Ferrero UK&I we are currently looking for Business Unit Controller to manage our Ireland Channel. You have always loved it. Now you can be part of it.
You will manage and supervise the relationship with the Central entities of the clients, in order to negotiate and sign contracts and to develop the sales. Support the Sales Director Ireland in defining the sales strategies (targets, programmes, commercial initiatives and promotional policies) for the Grocery category.
Within this role, you will not only utilise your commercialism but work cross-functionally with Finance, Supply and Ops, marketing etc. to ensure the best in market service to your customers.
- Ensures alignment between proper budget management and business objectives, building proposals for sales volume budget.
- Proposes forecast of commercial and assigned structure costs.
- Maintains the spending within the guidelines defined by the Sales Director Ireland, constantly verifying the trend of development generators.
- Supplies information to the Sales Director Ireland concerning the sales activities / plans.
- Maintains a high level of trade contact in order to have a better knowledge of the marketplace.
- Identifies growth drivers for the future of the Grocery category Ireland, suggesting:
- Business priorities by Category / store format.
- Specific actions to meet sales targets.
- Opportunities in the whole clients management (e.g. logistics efficiency, credit management).
- Develops a client plan combining the UK&I commercial policy with the Grocery category driving growth.
- Designs and implements solutions for specific performance issues (new initiatives, additional events, pricing, profit-mix, etc.).
- Monitors and verifies the proper application of promotions and commercial conditions defined during the negotiations.
- Prepares and presents the contracts for the Grocery clients Ireland.
- Develops sales argumentation in collaboration with Trade Marketing and Category Management, according to clients characteristics.
- Communicates to customer / channel all information regarding the customer channel strategy and activities defined centrally.
- Provides input for local development activities and monitor alignment with the UK&I strategies of clients / Brand initiatives.
Who we are looking for:
You will be operating as a Senior National Account Manager or Sales Controller within the FMCG or Confectionary industry, ideally, you will have current experience managing different categories into the UK&I retailers across the grocery channel.
You will have strong influencing skills and commercial acumen, with established leadership and people development skills of a substantial team of diverse individuals. Ability to work and collaborate cross functionally to unlock results for the channel.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
We encourage all our people to think creatively to set personal targets and objectives and push new, better ways to work. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organization dimension, so should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and be able to build proper relations with stakeholders at all levels. A undeniable consumer-focused attitude and autonomy in managing relationships will help you in building your position among stakeholders and achieving expected sales outcomes.