Business Planning Manager
Job Location: Shanghai
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The aim of the role is to manage the finance controlling operations for marketing function and route-to-market activities.
- Contribute to the development of integrated business strategies in respect of portfolio, pricing, marketing investment from a commercial perspective
- Lead the financial preparation of the annual marketing plan, bridge between the Finance and Marketing functions
- Instil financial skills and awareness, making clear the financial implications of decisions
- Provide insights into financial resource allocation decisions based on portfolio alignment
- Build up evaluation module regarding efficiency and effectiveness of marketing investments
- Focus on the pricing setting, act as a key coordinator during the new SKU development procedure, evaluate process (pricing, new product launch plan, brand city evolution, etc)
- Ensure accurate and timely financial management and reporting of actual result monitoring and rolling forecast process
- Review of Category/Brand PNL marginality
- Coordinate within different Controlling functions in consolidating information and driving product profitability
- Lead the China RTM project, monitor results and deep dive the business, seeking for continuous investment efficiency
- Maintain Quarterly/monthly/weekly dashboards for business performance tracking, ensuring data quality and accuracy
- Find business improvement initiatives with solid analysis and financial insights, provide ad hoc business analysis
- Visit distributors and target market, support field sales and project team with all the commercial activities, like distributor selection, trade spending planning & execution, SR/MDR people efficiency improvement
- Lead the project budget planning and forecast cycle (volume uplift, gross sales value, TS investment, additional media A&P investment, OVH of project impact)
- Manage tracking and monitoring the PNL performance to improve the profitability of the business
Who we are looking for:
- University degree, major in finance
- 5+ years of a prior working experience in the similar role, with a good knowledge of FMCG processes
- Good knowledge of performance monitoring and planning, budgeting, profit analysis
- Solid project management skills
- Good interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a high-pace environment and across functions
- Result orientation and sense of urgency
- Strong MS Office tools knowledge, Excel proficiency, SAP
- Fluency in English and Mandarin, both written and spoken
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.