Brand Manager, Fannie May Innovation
Job Location: Chicago
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
With new innovations and exciting expansion plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us! We are looking for a dynamic and intellectually curious Brand Manager who can hit the ground running. The focus of this role is to help build and execute a vision for leadership within the Premium Chocolate category in the US and execute plans for innovation in the short- and long-term. Fannie May is a premium American chocolate brand that is rapidly gaining awareness and momentum nationally. A significant driver in the brand’s growth trajectory is product innovation and line extensions.
- The Brand Manager will manage innovation development from concept through launch via excellent marketing execution. The role is responsible for developing brand growth strategies and implementing competitive category/channel analysis, consumer research, brand campaigns and shopper marketing programs to support new launches.
- This role will partner cross functionally with internal go-to-market and customer teams as well as external agency partners to drive the communication to both end-consumers and retailers.
- The Brand Manager will manage both high profile projects and the day-to-day operations of the business to achieve aligned brand objectives.
- Success for the role means driving topline sales and market share growth and building HHP & brand equity
- The Brand Manager will report to the Senior Brand Manager and have regular contact with senior leadership at Ferrero. This role does not currently manage a direct report but may in the future.
This position is HYBRID requiring 3-days a week at our Chicago, IL offices.
Business and Brand Analysis, Monitoring and Reporting
- In-depth market, competitive and brand analysis to assist in formulating innovation brand strategies within a fast-paced, premium consumer packaged goods category. Information will be presented monthly to Ferrero Premium Chocolate senior leadership.
- Work with Trade Marketing, Category Management, and sales teams to understand channel and customer-specific business results and develop actionable next steps for growth and improvement.
- Lead day-to-day cross functional team relationships, building strong collaboration and a positive culture across the departments, as well as running point on project tracking and leading weekly and scheduled meetings.
- Prepare and present engaging, meaningful and persuasive presentations
- Lead commercialization of product launches with key cross functional departments and work with internal design team and agency partners to prepare for launch (especially graphics development)
- Lead qualitative and quantitative market research -- from briefing through to interpreting results and making recommendations of innovations
- Partner with Finance to ensure financial profitability
- Work closely with Category Management and Trade Marketing to develop compelling sell-in stories and toolkits to ensure customer acceptance of innovation
- Coordinate new vendor setup and purchase order requisitions with Finance
- Review/coordinate vendor Master Service Agreements (MSAs), Scopes of Work (SOW) and Insertion Orders (IO) with Ferrero legal
- Partner with IRI, sales and omni teams and deliver assets and ensure new products are correctly set up for sales tracking and ecom prior to launch (imagery, nutritionals, UPCs, omni content, etc.)
Communications Planning and Execution
- Lead internal design team and agency partners in the development of creative assets required for executing brand and shopper activations
- Ensure consistent brand messaging across all consumer touchpoints to drive cohesive and impactful messaging and trademark consistency in all communications
- Support SBM on innovation launch volume forecasting, fiscal year Marketing budget planning/tracking and overall brand planning with interagency teams
Cross functional Leadership and self-management
- Comfortable with multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Inter-departmental engagement with Trade marketing, Category Management, Sales, Supply Chain, Finance, Production and Legal to assist in the planning and execution of new initiatives
- Support SBM on integrated agency management, which includes creating strong collaboration across agencies as well as a positive culture. Specifically, work with agencies on all-year-round and tentpole program execution, ensuring deadlines are met and strategic measurement processes are in place. Interface regularly with creative, media, PR/social/influencer, shopper, e-commerce agency partners to ensure successful executions both short- and long-term.
Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will bring a balance of strong analytical skills, attention to detail and project management. We are looking for someone who can lead a cross-functional team to deliver innovation and work with agency partners to develop best-in-class branding communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business; Master’s degree in Business is a plus
- At least 5 years’ experience in consumer-packaged goods brand marketing
- Experience working with syndicated databases (i.e. IRI, AC Nielsen) and analyzing data trends to storytell
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects within scheduled timelines
- Possesses solid project management skills from planning stage to execution and final assessment to achieve brand objectives and goals
- Well-versed in Budget Management
- Well-versed in Forecasting
- Understanding of nuances of food, drug, mass, club and e-commerce classes of trade
- Exposure to P&L management is a plus
- Global/Upstream marketing experience is a plus
Mind-set and Skills:
- Passion, energy and drive to work with world-class brands
- Motivation to advance in a merit-based, multinational organization
- Must be self-motivated and exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit
- Structured and organized in managing projects and timelines
- Excellent analytical skills upon which to base decision-making
- Business acumen, with a knack for turning data into insights and recommendations
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Team player able to effectively interact and work with various functional departments
- Adaptable to foreign cultures
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook; SAP knowledge a plus
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.