Brand Manager, Baby Ruth+
Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Kinder Joy® and the recently acquiring Nestle confections portfolio.
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
We are looking for a dynamic and intellectually curious Brand Manager for the Baby Ruth+ peanut portfolio which includes Baby Ruth, Goobers, and Chunky mainstream chocolate confections. This role will report to the Senior Director of the Butterfinger/Baby Ruth Peanut Portfolio and help deliver on the vision to restore these businesses to category relevance and reignite consumer passion for these iconic brands.
The ideal candidate is someone who can hit the ground running by managing the day- to-day operations of the brand, leading the cross-functional team in delivering the financial plan, product renovations and working with our agency partners and internal partners to develop and execute integrated marketing communications plans from in-store to digital & social executions.
This role is HYBRID requiring 3 days in-person at our Parsippany, NJ Offices.
- Business and Brand Analysis, Monitoring and Reporting
- In-depth market, competitive and brand analysis to assist in formulating brand strategy within a fast-moving consumer packaged goods category
- Analyzes business and brand results to ensure strategies are working and objectives are being realized, recommending course correction where relevant
- Maintains understanding of the competitive environment to assess impact on business
- Prepares and creates engaging, meaningful and persuasive presentations
- Owns and actively manages brand marketing budget
- Product Management
- Lead qualitative and quantitative market research briefing through to interpreting result and making recommendations for innovation and renovation
- Leads innovation development with cross-functional team from concept to opportunity assessment through launch within our internal stage gate process
- Partners with Finance to ensure profitability with product innovation and trade units
- Work closely with Category management and Trade Marketing to develop compelling sell-in stories/toolkits to ensure customer acceptance of innovation
- Brand Equity, Communications and Shopper Planning and Execution
- Leads agency partners in creative development, asset development and execution of consumer and shopper activation
- Ensures coherency across all consumer and shopper touchpoints to, drive cohesive and impactful messaging and trademark consistency in all communications
- Sets and tracks KPIs, offering recommendations for optimization of plans/assets
- Agency management (SOWs, budget management)
- Leadership and self-management
- Comfortable with multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Inter-departmental engagement with Trade marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Finance and Legal to assist in the planning and execution of initiatives
- Able to efficiently manage relations with third party vendors (i.e.: graphic design agencies, research agencies, etc.), obtaining required output while minimizing costs
- Comfortable with presenting in front of senior management
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business; Master’s degree in Business is a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience in consumer-packaged goods brand marketing
- Experience working with syndicated databases; i.e. IRI, ACNielsen
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects within scheduled timelines
- Possesses solid project management skills from planning stage to execution
- Well-versed in Budget Management and Forecasting
- Experience in key channels of trade of Convenience, Food, Drug, Mass, Club and E-commerce (Brick and Click and Pure Play)
- P&L management
- Experience working in business unit/country team within a global organization
Mind-set and Skills:
- Passion, energy and drive to work with world-class brands
- Motivation to advance in a merit-based, multinational organization
- Must be self-motivated and exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit
- Structured and organized in managing projects and timelines
- Excellent analytical skills upon which to base decision-making
- Business acumen, with a knack for turning data into insights and recommendations
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Team player able to effectively interact and work with various functional departments
- Adaptable to foreign cultures
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook; SAP knowledge a plus
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.