Associate Customer Marketing Manager, Seasonal
Job Location: North York/Toronto
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Diversity & Inclusion
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Primary responsibilities of the role are to develop seasonal category, channel and in-store activation strategies following local and global best practices. Position will lead and manage Seasonal Perfect Store model and execution. The position will activate Seasonal Perfect Store sales strategies and tactics delivering superior results in the retail environment, while ensuring marketplace competitiveness. Responsible to leverage strategic category and shopper insights to optimize the sales and profitability of Ferrero and our customers; as well as, leverage category management expertise and strong customer/market place strategy knowledge in order to be the key liaison between the business and customer teams providing insights on base and incremental drivers. This role is the critical link between Marketing, Sales and the Customer for the Ferrero Seasonal business.
This is a full-time regular position located in our office at 100 Sheppard Avenue E., North York, Ontario M2N 6N5.
Category/Channel Strategy and Planning – Seasonal Confection
• Act as the sales liaison for other departments
• With the CMM Kinder/Pralines/Tablet, lead and manage development of seasonal confection strategies/plans, aligned to with CM&P Director
• Translate business objectives and consumer based brand plans into strategic customer plans
• Owns incremental drivers/sales controllables (pricing/ads/displays) and the creation of sales tactics to deliver those objectives
• Develop trade presentations for all key initiatives and coach the sales department on fact based selling
• Set KPI’s for key initiatives, measure, evaluate and report results with recommendations
• Responsible for Seasonal Perfect Store guidelines development and maintenance in consultation with CMM Pralines/Kinder/Tablets and aligned to with CM&P Director
• Develop and own new product process/product launch for customer teams. This includes the development of sales presentations, listing budgets and the tracking/analyzing of the agreed to KPIs - Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising, Pricing and Promotion
• Analyzes market trends, competitor’s sales strategies, customer and brand performance challenges/opportunities, supported with recommend strategies to effectively compete in seasonal confection category
In store Activity Management
• Oversee the development of key sales tools including sell sheets, samples and customer walk-through showrooms
• Develop w Shopper Marketing Perfect store seasonal modeling and KPI’s for retail environment
• Balance to Come - Maintain file, communicate areas of concern to sales directors, lead meeting (update and meet 1/week in season only)
• Support Product Supply group by communication trade level activities and changes to brand trade strategies impacting forecasting and demand planning
• Support Product Supply and Marketing to validate sales forecast and represent sales in weekly and monthly consensus meetings
Sell Through Tracking
• Develop and manage in season weekly ST tracker file, ensuring timely updates, weekly sales updates and customer team guidance
• With CMM Pralines/Kinder/Tablets, define Trade investment strategy for category and SKUs as well as Dead Net Cost thresholds for Promo spend.
• Translate brand and company business objectives into effective and efficient customer plans to maximize impact and ROI.
Who We Are Looking For
- Bachelors degree with 8+ years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of Syndicated Data (Nielsen Mktrack, Homescan Panel Data)
- Extensive knowledge of customer strategies as they pertain to Category Management, Distribution, Shelving, Merchandizing, Pricing and Promotion
- Skill in formulating trade and sales strategies
- Skill in identifying key category and shopper insights
- Skill in strategic planning and deployment of a range of sales programs and/or events
- Strong knowledge of global best practices in the areas of strategic Category Management and Shopper Insights
- Ability to set objectives and achieve goals
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Ability to demonstrate original and strategic thought
- Ability to problem solve and set priorities
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to create new solutions to business challenges
- Ability to translate category and shopper insights into programs to build volume and profit
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.