Assistant Shopper Marketing Manager
Job Location: North York/Toronto
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Diversity & Inclusion
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Primary responsibilities of the role include -
- Increase Shopper Marketing capability by supporting the Shopper Marketing manager in the development and execution of the annual Shopper Marketing plan and customer-specific initiatives in order to influence shoppers to “buy more” and increase customer engagement.
- Develop and contribute to the development of other’s deep understanding of the broader retailer landscape, key shopper marketing trends, and customer needs.
- Convert shopper insights into retail opportunities, while integrating with Ferrero’s brand strategies and customer plans.
- Align stakeholders on Shopper marketing plans to ensure initiatives are executed with excellence and deliver maximum in store impact.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to execute seasonal display programs for execution at Retail.
This is a full-time regular position located in our office at 100 Sheppard Avenue E., North York, Ontario M2N 6N5.
Planning and budget support
• Support the development of the annual Shopper Marketing plans, which includes collaborating with retailer shopper marketing teams and account teams, the identification of key opportunities, validating them with insights and aligning with marketing objectives, recommending budgets, ensuring brand impact is maximized in the execution of strategic shopper marketing programs.
• Attend customer meetings to present programs, when needed.
• Maintain the Shopper Marketing budget as outlined by the organization.
• Optimize and manage tradeoffs to ensure effective use of resources occurs across banners and categories in order to achieve Ferrero objectives.
Shopper Marketing Program Execution
• Coordinate with cross functional teams (Brand Marketing, Sales, retailer marketing teams and 3rd party vendors/agencies), to develop and execute integrated shopper marketing programs that are unique, value-added, , based on category, brand and customer strategies, in order to drive revenue and customer engagement.
• Monitor Perfect store modeling and KPI’s for program activation.
• Support Shopper Marketing communication, working closely with Customer Marketing, Marketing and Sales, providing details on shopper marketing programs and drivers.
• Provide Shopper Marketing expertise and insight into customer presentations.
• Work collaboratively with cross functional departments integrated into projects, such as Marketing Operations, Demand Planning, Supply Chain and Finance.
• Develop and maintain deep knowledge of the industry, competitive environment, customer and consumer trends/insights influencing and maximizing program impact
In-Store Seasonal Activation
• Responsible for, coordinating and managing development of seasonal in-store visibility including retail execution plan, target setting, POS development, and communication to field team.
• Coordinate, in collaboration with sales and Marketing, customer/field communication, POS development, key steps and timelines.
Analytics, Administrative and Reporting tasks
• Relevant PO creation, invoice processing, and budgetary tracking.
• Analyze results/POS data and develop post-mortems of shopper marketing programs
• Responsible for leading the evaluation and analysis of each program, proposing adjustments to improve effectiveness and optimization of each program execution, identify areas of opportunity for future programs.
• Reporting back to brand, Customer Marketing and Sales /CBM, outlining success factors and opportunities to drive improved attainment of objectives.
Who We Are Looking For
- Bachelors degree with 3 – 5 years of relevant experience, ideally in Sales, Marketing, Shopper Marketing, or Customer Marketing.
- Strong knowledge of Syndicated Data (Nielsen Mktrack, Homescan Panel Data)
- Good knowledge of customer strategies as they pertain to Category Management, Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising, Pricing and Promotion
- Skill in formulating marketing, trade and/or sales strategies
- Skill in identifying key category and shopper insights
- Skill in analyzing reports and identifying insights
- Skill in strategic planning and deployment of a range of sales/marketing programs
- Ability to set objectives and achieve goals
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Ability to demonstrate original and strategic thought
- Ability to problem solve and set priorities
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to create new solutions to business challenges
- Ability to translate category and shopper insights into programs to build volume and profit
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.