Assistant Merchandise Manager, Fannie May
Job Location: North Canton
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Assistant Merchandise Manager will be a key member supporting the Product Development and Go To Market team in formulating and maintaining product ranges across Retail, Ecommerce, FDM (Food, Drug & Mass) and Club channels. In this position, you'll utilize your multi-tasking and organizational skills as you manage collecting and maintaining product specifications and pricing along with managing communication with cross-functional teams and external partners to ensure product details are up to date and properly communicated. As the Assistant Merchandise Manager, you will also get exposure to packaging development, working with the Fannie May Packaging Buyer, Packaging Deploy (DPU) and suppliers to acquire and documents packaging specifications.
- Support the merchandising manager in providing Retail, Sales, Visual Merchandising and Marketing with Fact Sheets for all new product introductions, including features and benefits, for use in development of consumer POP materials.
- Maintain the product price list and work with the Assistant Brand Manager to develop nonseasonal and seasonal product spec sheets for sales teams and customers
- Partner with Merchandise Managers and Brand Manger to deliver product assets required for item set (i.e. imagery, nutritionals, UPCs, etc.)
- Support innovation/product development with category analysis and consumer insights
- Utilize strong project management skills to develop packaging specifications that meet both internal and external requirements
- Efficiently manage relationships and projects with external suppliers delivering required output while minimizing cost
- Partner with internal design team to manage the creative development process of brand assets required for marketing campaigns
- Enter all sample orders to support sales and marketing needs.
- Process and ship sample orders to support the sales and marketing teams.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelors degree or comparable work experience
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment and conduct multi-tasking efforts
- Keen understanding and ability to develop marketing objectives and strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook; (SAP knowledge a plus)
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.