Assistant Manager, Consumer & Shopper Understanding
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Ferrero Canada, a leading global confectionery manufacturer with a strong track record of innovations and a great reputation for the quality of its products, is looking for an Assistant Manager, Consumer & Shopper Understanding. This role is part of the CSU group. The primary responsibility of the CSU team is to support the Brand, Customer Marketing teams and Executive Management team in making the decisions that will shape the future of our brands. The team will have a singular focus on the most critical challenges and opportunities facing the businesses, lifting the horizon beyond the immediate term and focusing on issues outside of the "day to day" operations. Reporting to the head of Canada CSU with additional responsibility to the head of CSU in North America, this role has responsibility for driving value and insights through leveraging retail and household panel data standards as well as other Syndicated data suppliers and sources (Kantar/Millward Brown, Mintel, StatsCan etc.) within Canada. This position is located in our Toronto, Canada headquarters office.
This role is located at 100 Sheppard Avenue East, North York, ON M2N 6N5.
• Along with the head of CSU Canada, own the insights agenda for the Canada business to provide recommendations that lead to incremental, profitable growth
• Uncover opportunities that become apparent at a total Ferrero portfolio level through leveraging analytics and key partner agencies. Champion analytics in a holistic way including deriving relevant insights related to the base business, market insights and innovation.
• Manage workload of our Nielsen business partners and facilitate integration of Nielsen business into the Ferrero Business.
• Manage all syndicated data including Homescan and Market Track. Partner with Nielsen on ensuring correct maintenance and coding of all Nielsen databases.
• Deliver monthly market data through partnering with Nielsen & collating / influencing monthly summaries to be shared with the full organization. Deliver data and charting support for key presentations throughout the year.
• Lead 3 x key Seasonal reviews (Easter/Xmas/Valentines Day) per year in collaboration with research agencies and broader team.
• Support the Research Manager with certain Consumer Related adhoc projects (Questionnaire management, liaising with the Brand teams on input needed for the research including samples, data and managing timeline)
• Present data & information in compelling presentations in a logical, story board approach resulting in provocative business insights.
• Manage sell in vs sell out report with the Finance Department for improved brand forecasting.
• Beyond providing insight that drives a business action, provides accurate and timely measurement of such business actions, fostering organizational accountability and continuous improvement.
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor's degree required
• 2-4 years experience, preferably within syndicated data or other quantitative/analytical related area. Experience with Nielsen critical.
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Nielsen systems/tools and Excel
• Experience working with Power BI an asset
• Understanding of marketing and sales strategy, planning issues, budgeting, priority setting
• Strong presentation skills and a story teller
• Strong interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships
• Excellent analytical skills – ability to understand business strategies, tactics & implement measurable research plans.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.