ANZ Assistant Brand Manager - Pralines
Job Location: Sydney
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Reporting to Senior Brand Manager, the incumbent shall support the Pralines Marketing team to implement brand plans across Australia and New Zealand. The incumbent shall consolidate multiple data sources to develop information and recommendations to support the development of brand plan and strategy to achieve sales objectives for allocated brand. Performs analysis and post-activity reviews and makes appropriate recommendations to drive future results in term of Brand Market Share and Profitability.
The incumbent shall lead some tactical and operational projects including new SKU development process. Assists the Regional Marketing Manager, and members of the Senior Marketing Team on ad hoc projects when needed.
Assist in implementing marketing position and strategy including definition of marketing mix, marketing tools, consumer target groups, pricing and etc. basing on depth market research and analysis
• Develop and implement annual consumer communication plans for assigned brand
• Manage day-to-day relationship with agencies to deliver activity on time and on budget
• Write relevant and compelling media briefs
• Produce creative communication ideas and develop the most effective and efficient media schedule in order to achieve strategic goals.
• Plans to present business case and strategies to senior management
Point of Sales (POS) Development
Assist in developing key brand visuals to communicate the brand in stores; work with the Retail Activation team to create impact for relevant marketing programs in retail
New Product SKUs
• Investigate market opportunities in order to identify gaps in current brand portfolio
• Plan and coordinate the development and introductions of new products including marketing, pricing, financial, supply, and manufacturing aspects
• Measure consumer interest through appropriate marketing research
• Present recommendations to management for implementation
Develop brand presentations, present to internal customers to communicate and “sell” marketing plan
Market Research/Consumer Insights
• Analyse market and conduct consumer research in order to have a better understanding of sales trends and how consumer needs work in conjunction with the insights team
• Follow the research path to monitor market trends and understand the Brand health, image and equity
• Write relevant and compelling insight briefs
Develop and implement sound promotional consumer programs for brand/category when necessary. Use appropriate mechanics against specified marketing objectives.
• Manage marketing spend budget for assigned products portfolio for advertising, promotion, and other activities
• Purchase Order Management
Support the team to ensure that all product/brand activities comply with relevant Acts, legal demand and ethical standards
Work closely with the Masterdata team to execute RDP1, RDP2 process to create legally complying SKU’s for the Australian and New Zealand market
Who we are looking for:
• Tertiary qualifications in business or marketing preferred
• Minimum 1-3 years of relevant work experience is required
• Understanding and working knowledge of Australia FMCG market
• Learnt knowledge of Marketing and Advertising, i.e., experience of brand campaigns/implementation and analysis
• Strong analytical skills – previous exposure to scan data and consumer research would be looked upon favorably
• Budget Management – previous exposure to managing spend
• Presentation and business writing skills
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.