Sr. Executive - Consumer & Market Insight
Job Location: Pune
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
If you love our brands and products and understand the mission of bringing joy and indulgence to our consumers, this role can interest you! Successfully managing Market Research Studies as determined by the needs of the business within limits of time, cost, quality and scope. Add value via a deep understanding of key business issues, applying rigorous analysis and bringing multiple sources of insight to the table. Complement ad hoc research with in-market understanding. Monitor competitive market data and be the consumer trends expert.
- Research Projects management
- Manage quality in research projects from design, agency briefings and through all stages to debrief; Ensure insights are actionable to the user teams.
- Efficient management of multiple projects, meeting research agendas and maintaining cost effectiveness.
- Proactively explore and suggest potential research ideas to users.
- Contribute towards the brand management activities through better understanding of consumer preferences through effective research studies and through superior analytical tools and methods.
- Data/Insights Management
- Synthesize and disseminate brand and category insights, from ad hoc research projects and from market data. Build analytical models, as appropriate, to come out with insight useful to all stakeholders.
- Monthly reports on BU performance and market performance along with analytics.
- Provide actionable insights for brands and at market level on a continual basis.
- Relationship Management
- Manage internal (users) and external (research agencies) relationships with key resources
- Knowledge Management
- Capture secondary data through publications, journals, web, etc. Scientific classification, storage, retrieval and use as required.
Who we are looking for:
- 5 years of Market research experience,including Client side & FMCG experience.
- Passion for the value of consumer insights and a natural curiosity about consumer behavior
- In-depth knowledge & experience in working of Nielsen Retail data (either at client side or agency side).
- Preferably a mix of client side & agency side. 1-2 years of working on the client side (in MR/CMI role) with exposure to both adhoc & continuous researches would be an advantage.
- Other Skills:
- At ease and confident working with cross functional and multi market organization.
- Solid project management skills, with experience leading research projects that involve numerous stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong MS Office skills
- Strong analytical & process skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to combine multiple sources of insights data.
- Added Plus would be: (1) exposure to handling large amounts of data & making sense out of it (2) Knowledge/application of commonly used advanced statistical techniques (like multi-variate & equivalent) for business decisions
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.