Retail Sales Manager
Job Location: West of Mississippi
Preferred locations include:
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a field based Retail Sales Manager. This position will be responsible for interacting with the Director of Retail Operations, Channel Retail Team Lead, and the Broker Retail team, in relation to the execution of strategic plans and tactics at retail, retail analytics and evaluations, as well as managing Ferrero KPI/DSMP (Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising & Pricing) expectations within the customer channel throughout the broker retail team.
- Manage KPI/DSMP (Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising and Pricing) standards, execution, and expectations of assigned customer account within the broker organization
- Enforce, execute and ensure quality standards for assigned account responsibility
- Execute and enforce tactical and account specific retail sales plans
- Communicate and educate account strategy and tactics through broker retail team touchpoints
- Execute and maintain all KPI/DSMP goals, initiatives and expectations within assigned account responsibility
- Track, audit, and scorecard against Ferrero KPI’s in relation to broker retail execution
- Provide analytics and evaluations on complex data/reporting and identify opportunities within areas of improvement – put plan in place an execute for improvement
- Conduct review sessions with brokers and internal cross-functional teams to align on scorecarding, priorities and implementation of improvement plans
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years of field experience within the CPG industry (Food or Confection experience preferred)
- Significant retail/field broker experience
- Well established knowledge of the assigned customer (operations, policy, etc)
- Possess critical thinking skills and problem solving skills with an ability to adjust to markets/customer demands
- Able to work in a team environment and build consensus
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Detail oriented, organized, and excellent time management
- Basic computer skills is a must (prefer strong computer skills: excel, ppt, outlook, etc…)
- Passionate with a great attitude
- Adaptable to an ever-changing environment (embracing growth opportunities)
- Analytical ability to evaluate data (retail reporting) and identify key areas of opportunity
- Working knowledge of Broker retail structure and Go-To-Market strategy (operations/procedures)
- Willing to travel 60% - 75% of the calendar year
- Must be able to evaluate and solve for store situations/issues within the assigned customer
- Must live within a key strategic geography to manage the business effectively and efficiently
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.