Retail Activities Manager
Job Location: Shanghai
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The purpose of the role is to drive business development by integrating and analyzing data from different internal and external sources and leading ad-hoc researches for channel / consumer/ shopper/ customer understanding. The role is aimed to contribute as an insightful business partner on trends, projections, competitive performance drivers and drainers.
- Lead agency pitch to meet enhanced sell-out data granularity needs (SKU, pack formats, volume, price)
- Perform monthly monitoring of category movement, key players performance and sub-channel dynamics
- Prepare bi-annual review to understand category landscape, trend update, key brands portfolio/hero SKU, channel evolvement, etc.
- Frame out path to purchase of e-/shoppers to identify key touch points both on-site and off-site to identify activation strategies
- Prepare data for insight conversion, by integrating data from external resources (research agencies, consultant, institute, etc.) to pulse the volatile shopper and digital/EC environment
- Estimate total size of prize relevant to Ferrero in both, offline and E-commerce for to pinpoint potential seasonal windows and e-/festivals
- Understand the category movement, seasonality, channel dynamics and key players performance for innovation categories to identify potential opportunities
- Research on common trends and conflict trends of online and offline markets
- Adapt findings to brand strategy and continuously monitor trend changes
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in research agency or major FMCG company in business insights, commercial planning, strategy consultancy
- Solid business understanding ability
- Experience with Nielsen RMS and e-commerce information systems and insights
- Strong information integration and data analysis skills
- Data interpretation skills, big data experience is a strong plus
- Project management, processes optimization and control experience
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines
- High result orientation and sense of responsibility, ability to lead the change
- Strategic mindset and strong influencing skills
- Quick learning ability, dynamism, proactiveness
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Mandarin
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.