Quality Product Specialist
Just off the 403. Approx 20 minutes from Hamilton
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Diversity & Inclusion
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
This position will report to the Quality Specialist to ensure integrity and the highest level of quality for all Ferrero products. The Quality Product Specialist will be responsible for the inspection of both work in process and finished products.
- Ensure the inspection of the finished product output; guarantee that the finished products meet the quality specifications established by the Central Quality Department.
- Verify quality reports on SAP to ensure accurate data from in-line quality control.
- Collaboration with the Production/Technologist in order to seek continuous quality improvement.
- Ensure that the correct tools for quality inspection are used
- Collect and keep retained samples from the lines in the archive
- Inspect equipment, process, environment or materials to identify root cause for any quality or food safety issues
- In case of issues or anomalies, cooperate along with the Quality Team, assists to determine and implementing corrective actions to avoid that the same issues continue to appear.
- Document and report quality issues
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings through internal auditing
- Train personnel from the Production Areas, who are responsible for quality checks of the product (auto-control)
- Work close to the auto-control personnel from the Production areas on the daily basis to guarantee the compliance of the quality checks made – including standards levels and allowances
- Work with the Quality Specialist to evaluate and take action on products with any deviation of quality standard
- Records goods movements in SAP (e.g. stock for quality controls / blocked stock )
- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with company standards, laws, or regulations
- Issues, distributes and keeps updated and available to the auto-control operators and to any involved person, the require auto-control quality instructions and related forms, in relation to the production lines under competence.
- Provides to Third Parties Manufacturers, adequate - updated instructions and quality control forms.
- Analyzing Data or Information extracted from SAP in Microsoft Excel
- Handle traceability of training provided
- Lead, participate and train in GMP, Food Safety and product audits (i.e. military standard)
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods;
- Conducting tests and inspections of products or processes to evaluate quality or performance;
- Understanding gauges, dials, or other indicators to understand quality problems on machines;
- Using mathematics to work with numbers and analyze results;
- Understanding industry related documents.
- Ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness;
- Ability to see details at close range;
- Ability to tell when something is incorrect or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem;
- Ability to quickly and accurately compare similarities and differences among sets of letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns. The things to be compared may be presented at the same time or one after the other. This ability also includes comparing a presented object with a remembered object;
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing;
- Ability to identify or detect a known pattern (a figure, object, word, or sound) that is hidden in other distracting material;
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations);
- Ability to add, sub-tract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly
- Degree or diploma in Science related field an asset
- Experience in Quality Control or Quality Assurance
- Food manufacturing experience an asset
- Knowledge of HACCP
- Knowledge in SAP an asset
- Experience with computer systems/Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work rotating shifts and overtime to support production requirements
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
- Fully paid benefits for Full Time
- 3 weeks vacation for Full Time
- Great Employer matched pension program
- 14 weeks Parental Leave top-up
- Opportunitites for advancement
- EAP Program
- Competitive wages
- Shift Premiums
- Employee events such as BBQ’s, Ice cream days, and Ferrero product give aways!
- On site cafeteria
- Free parking
- Dedicated Covid Safety Team
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.