Primary packaging - analytical lab specialist
Job Location: Alba
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The profile we are looking for is an Analytical Lab Specialist who carries out a strategic activity being responsible of the internal Laboratory dedicated to structural, mechanical and chemical analysis to characterize the packaging materials and their performance in support to innovation, material compliance monitoring, competitor analysis and benchmarking.
The candidate will work within the Primary Packaging Team, which has the responsibility of developing and approving all primary packaging material specifications for new Products and the existing ones for all Ferrero Brands and production Plants. Across the different areas of responsibility, the team delivers packaging innovative solutions aimed to achieve product protection objectives, food safety compliance, environmental sustainability goals in a cost effective manner.
Who we are looking for:
- Graduation in Chemistry or similar
- Experience (at least 3-5 years) as a Lab technicians/specialist working on packaging related topics and analysis;
- Lab analytical methods and protocols, better if for packaging characterization;
- Data management and statistic elaboration;
- Design of Experiment;
- Knowledge of main packaging material categories from the up-stream to the end use;
- Regulatory affairs/food safety will be considered as a plus;
- Laboratory management skills to manage request of analysis and related budget;
- Interaction among the different internal stakeholders and third party partners;
- Problem-solving and Critical-thinking skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility, adaptability and aptitude to team-work;
- MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook);
- Basic knowledge of SAP and LIMS and lab’s instruments will be considered a plus;
- English (written and spoken) for international relations is a mandatory requirement.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.