Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The PLC Technician will evaluate, troubleshoot, design and modify PLC code as well as install and troubleshoot related hardware for ongoing operations of process and packaging equipment. The PLC Technician will provide electrical and automation support to manufacturing, packaging, and stores.
Hours of Work: Day shift position with ability to support with overtime when required
- Perform investigation of manufacturing equipment deviations and anomalies related to automation and software.
- Implement software changes and upgrades to improve equipment accuracy and runtime.
- Assist other maintenance staff in identifying and procuring equipment and parts necessary for daily maintenance requirements.
- Assist in electrical documentation of changes and upgrades.
- Provide technical support to maintenance staff.
- Program PLC and HMI applications for integration and troubleshooting of automated process equipment.
- Provide technical and automation support to production
Who we are looking for:
- BS/BA in Science, Engineering Software Programming, certified electronic technologist, (CET) or equivalent
- Minimum 7-10 years direct experience programming, designing and maintaining industrial control systems in a fast-paced process industry.
- Strong knowledge of process control systems and automation specifically; Allen Bradley/Rockwell, Wonderware programming and Siemens, hardware management, and commissioning.
- Strong knowledge of ignition software
- Knowledge of Fanuc robotics, Elau drives, Servo Axis controls, Vision systems, HMI programming, hardware management / commissioning and Scada integration.
- Strong PLC Programming / troubleshooting skills. Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database management software, SQL Server and Web server software.
- Strong communication skills
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.