Plastic Molds Category Manager
Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our HQ in Luxembourg, we are looking for a Group Procurement Category Manager for Molds within the Packaging Procurement team. The role has the objective to elaborate responsible medium-term to long-term budget plans; to manage procurement activities in terms of scouting potentially suitable suppliers, negotiating with suppliers of Molds in accordance with the Ferrero code of Business conduct and to manage and improve supplier relationships. The role would also be held accountable for the management of a team that is based on group values and that ensures group development, motivation, and empowerment.
- Collaborates in the definition of the strategy of the Category of Molds, in alignment with medium and long-term Group strategies.
Budget and Medium-Term Management
- Elaborates and ensures the budget and medium-term plan for CAPEX and OPEX respecting timing, costs, and required features according to Group strategy.
- Performs market analyses
- Manages procurement activities (i.e. price list, quote allocation, etc.) for the Category of Molds while optimizing value for Ferrero and applying the internal methodologies, procedures and tools.
- Performs spend analysis for the Category to continuously improve the procurement performance.
Scouting, Negotiation & Contract Management
- Analyses the relative market, identifying suppliers that are potentially suitable to Ferrero Group requirements.
- Ensures the application and compliance of contracts and master agreements.
- Propose LTC implementation in coherence with the Category Strategy and Group Policies.
Suppliers Management & Risk Management
- Ensures the consolidation and improvement of relationships with existing suppliers, manages criticalities, and strengthen common objectives.
- Define the supplier’s monitoring performances framework of the Categories assigned, looking at the results, and updates the category strategy accordingly.
- Contributes to the risk profile evaluation for the Categories assigned, monitors, and reduces risk.
- Ensures the appropriate Maintenance scheduling and action plan/ issue management to ensure supply and quality.
Who we are looking for:
- Master’s degree in economics, Purchasing, Logistics, Business administration, Engineering, or related fields.
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant procurement work experience.
- Previous experience in Mold’s procurement and Resin knowledge is considered a plus.
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical mindset – someone who is comfortable with numbers.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to excellence.
- Strong ethical and personal values.
- Excellent proficiency in MS office skills (particularly in Excel).
- Knowledge of SAP ERP (as a user) will be considered a plus.
- Fluency in English/ Italian is a plus.
- Knowledge in other languages will be considered as a plus.
- Strong Oral and written communication skills.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.