Job Location: Chicago
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of boiler room and refrigeration equipment. Provide support to ensure the facility with optimum supply of steam, compressed air, boiler and chilled water, and refrigeration/ammonia necessary to meet the established objectives of the business.
• Supports operation and maintenance of automatically controlled, gas fired, high pressure boilers.
• Supports operation and maintenance of ammonia refrigeration equipment including chillers, cooling towers, heat exchangers, and pumps.
• Supports operation and maintenance of air compressors and air dryers.
• Supports operation and maintenance of water softening system.
• Takes test samples and controls addition of chemicals to water systems.
• Operates and maintains auxiliary equipment such as feed water pumps.
• Maintains proper water level and required steam pressure and supplies steam to meet plant load requirements.
• Responsible for routine maintenance of pumps, valves, lines, and other utility equipment.
• Monitors fire annunciation panel and computer monitor readouts of boiler room and refrigeration building equipment.
• Performs cleaning and housekeeping assignments and any such duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
• Monitors and maintains all needed supplies and parts for safe and efficient operation of boiler room and auxiliary equipment.
• Monitors level of fuel oil tanks, condition of containment dyke and sump.
• Operates and maintains emergency generator, well pump, and diesel fire pump.
• Performs all record keeping duties, including data logging and filing, of boiler room equipment, maintenance procedures, ammonia compliance documentation, safety related functions and other miscellaneous events.
• Required involvement for HAZMAT and Emergency Response Team
• Clean and maintain work area.
• Perform all duties within GMP standards.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Follow Franklin Park Factory safety & environmental objectives & targets. Follow the plant safety rules. Report unsafe conditions immediately. Report incidents immediately or by the end of the shift. Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum Highschool diploma or GED
- Experience with boilers or steam and condensate systems, refrigeration cycles, control power and drives, operation and trouble shooting of compressors, chillers, pumps, pneumatic systems, and hydronics.
- Understanding of steam and gas/oil fired high pressure boilers.
- Understanding of refrigeration principles and equipment.
- Understanding of air compressors, air dryers, soft water systems, cooling towers, pumps, valves, and auxiliary boilerhouse and refrigeration equipment.
- Understanding of water testing principles.
- Working knowledge of computers and computerized equipment.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems.
- Coordination and dexterity needed to use power tools and hand tools.
- Coordination and dexterity needed to climb fixed and portable ladders.
- Knowledge and acceptance with confined space and emergency response system requirements.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.