Media Manager, KR/JP & HK/TW
Job Location: Singapore
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The position, which reports to Ferrero Asia Pacific (FAP) Region Media Manager, is responsible for the development and measurement of a working-level media plan and acquisition of the advertising space of various media in KR/JP and HK/TW clusters, and on the basis of framework agreements and trade policies negotiated by Group Media Procurement & Governance.
The objective is to ensure the implementation of the strategy and goals (target, benefits, message, etc.) of different Ferrero brands and products in accordance with the guaranteed cost & quality of the agency contracts and the cluster media fiscal year budget. The role also includes the supervision and the overall control of the annual media planning (PS) process, giving support to the FAP, KR/JP and HK/TW cluster Marketing & consumer insight (CSU) team, and the Finance department and respecting the Group/ AREA scheduling and deadlines.
The Media Manager role is key to digital transformation in the Cluster and the FAP Region, leveraging the necessary media, tech & infrastructure partners to more effectively deploy and measure Ferrero media investments in KR/JP and HK/TW clusters.
- Translation of business/marketing/comms objectives in measurable media/digital objectives, setting KPIs and related targets against internal/external benchmarks - including media innovation opportunities
- Delivery of media insights across all categories and brands to marketing teams, including comms and competitive media analysis
- Support development of content strategy and plan in coherence with objectives and platforms specifics
- Alignment with Group/Area guidelines leveraging available best practices as well as ensuring roll-out of Group/Area programs (integrated comms, powerbrand, data management, etc.)
- Leverages enhanced media planning tools (consumer journey, touchpoint planning (incl. digital, POS, PR), budget allocation to media mix), maximizes profitability
Planning & Buying
- Media process implementation including Budget Setting, Integrated Comms Briefing, Annual Planning, Campaigns/Sessions reviews, ensuring IMC coordination and efficient cooperation with Media and Creative Agencies
- Agency proposals review and approval if responding to category objectives, KPIs, agreed budget and contract guarantees/operating framework and in coherence with Group media governance requirements
- Management the key digital partners to execute JBPs driving innovation in the use of digital touchpoints
- Support the optimization of traditional/digital campaigns, checking against internal and external benchmarks
- Delivers PCA-Post Campaign Analysis and comprehensive summary of media campaign results
Measurement & Reporting
- Monitoring and reporting of all media activities and maintenance of KPI benchmarks database, adherence to agreed pricing / quality
- Ensures a correct spend of media budget in line respect of phasing contracts and pitch guarantees
- 3rd party verification partners management on digital quality metrics
- Ensures timely delivery of documents to confirm media placements (airing certificates, acts, agency reports, third party documents) for TV and Digital post-tracking through regular auditors reporting
- Responsible for the development of the KR/JP and HK/TW clusters Media Roadmap that identifies key discontinuities and actions over a rolling 12-18 month timeframe. This is aimed at constantly improving the contribution of the media function to the KR/JP and HK/TW clusters/Region business and provides stakeholders with visibility of the key steps needed to support their contribution to a digital transformation strategy.
- With the support of the Region Media Manager, the KR/JP and HK/TW Media Manager will develop an action plan for data management and integration into all media and marketing activities for annual planning.
Who we are looking for:
- Min. Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or Marketing
- 7 years’ experience in relevant field, proven work experience in media, preferably in media agency context working for FMCG clients.
- Strong understanding of Korea, Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan market dynamics, consumers advertising landscape and customer (retailer) requirements.
- Strong knowledge of digital media, including latest trends, features and developments
- Extensive experience in all aspects of digital platforms management, including usage of tools, social listening and content management
- Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical and multitasking skills
- An eye for Detail and an acumen for numbers (Crucial to Succeed)
- Leading change through analysis, synthesis and modelling to be able to take strategic decision
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Thanks to your global thinking and strategic mindset you will lead and partner to internal stakeholders to integrate work streams behind touchpoint, strategy and execution. Balancing your drive with an analytical approach will help you to set goals and achieve them. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is individual, team and organization based, so you should have the ability to work independently as well as manage stakeholders.