Maintenance Millwright - Continental Shift
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As a Millwright for Ferrero Manufacturing Operations, you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining a continuous production operation including routine preventative maintenance and the optimization of equipment safety, food safety, efficiencies, and reliability
This position will be on a rotating shift of either 8 hours OR 12 hour continental rotation of two weeks days and two weeks nights.
Starting at $42.87
Shift premiums for 8 hours shifts include: $0.65/hr on afternoons and $0.85/hr on nights.
Shift premiums for 12 hour continental shifts include: $1.65/hr on nights and $4/hr on weekends
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and troubleshoot and repair of food processing equipment
- Optimize equipment safety, food safety, and reliability including the support of preventative maintenance initiatives
- Participate in continuous improvement projects including the installation and commissioning of machinery
- Perform equipment change-over and production line set ups
- Welding, machining and fabricating where qualified and maintain high sanitation standards, housekeeping and cleanliness of the maintenance shop – preferable
- Compliance to regulations and procedures to maintain the highest levels of health and safety, food safety, GMP's and HACCP
Who we are looking for:
- A valid Industrial Mechanic / Millwright trade licence (433A)
- 4-7 years of relevant experience
- 8+ years of experience if unlicensed
- Previous experience within the food and beverage or consumer packaged goods industry preferred
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work independently with minimum supervision, or within a team environment
- Able to work rotating shifts to support a continuous operation
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
- Fully paid benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Great employer-matched pension program
- 14 weeks Parental Leave top-up
- Opportunitites for advancement
- EAP Program
- Competitive wages
- Shift Premiums
- Employee events such as BBQ’s, Ice cream days, and Ferrero product give aways!
- On site cafeteria
- Free parking
- Dedicated Covid Safety Team
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.