Lead Process Technologist
Job Location: Franklin Park
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
This position provides an interface to the UGP (Business Unit) Manager, for that which product innovation. Contributes to the product realization through the process parameters management. Ensures the technological production process optimization and the “best practice” transfer to the UGPs. When specialized in a single technology (i.e. modeling), operates as the professional reference of that specific technology. This position represents a link between the different departments (production, quality, maintenance.) Act as one of the first contact persons in case of problems, optimizations (lines, product, process), and/or improvement of performance (productivity, reduction of waste).
PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGICAL ASSISTANCE, INDUSTRIALIZATION AND TECHNOLOGICAL PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
• Provide a central interface to the UGP and Plant Managers for technological projects, new projects and improvement projects for the production lines. Facilitate a knowledge sharing process
• Provide technological process optimization and recommendations to set up the production cycle, analyze the cycle and determine appropriate corrective action
• Execute test and new recipe testing. Define new technological methods and monitor production parameters. Provide information and qualified advice prior the test approval
• Maintains SAP data and comparison of the declared recipe with the production process to guarantee compliance
• Cooperate with DTC, maintenance and all other relevant technical departments to better adapt plans and machinery features and functionalities to raw materials, semi-finished goods and used packaging
MONITORING OF THE PRODUCT TECHNOLOGICAL CYCLE, INCLUDED PROCESS PARAMETER
• Perform regular monitoring of parameters that might affect product and material reaction on different production lines and continually optimize
• For all process phases and for each single step, define working and controlling guidelines, the scope of function / influence over variables and process parameters as support for Production and Quality
• Receive continuous updates on environmental parameters monitoring the line team
• Define and plan preventive, corrective and improvement actions, based on analysis provided by the junior technologist
• When problems arise, provide advice for locking/unlocking semi-finished and finished goods Support Root Cause Analysis to identify and prevent reoccurrence
• Receive information from the AQS (Quality Manager) regarding any issues detected during the analysis performed on product
• Take part in the HACCP process, provide advice to AQS for HACCP planning and ISO process
• Ensure on-line sensory & line control activities are correctly carried out, and any potential issues are reported timely
• Detect root causes for issues experienced based on complaints received by the AQS
• Support the AQS during audits, and is informed on the Military Standard application
• Ensure all program requirements/standards regarding quality and food safety are implemented, practices, and maintained
• Identify new production methods and technologies
• Perform field experiments and data mining to evaluate the feasibility of development project ideas
• Require cost estimates from department in charge and follow up on status of experimental and trial activities and other relevant items
• Responsible for feasibility assessment and, if results are positive, approval and implementation
• Provide an interface, as Center of Competence, for all Ferrero Technologists
• Manages projects, in case of a project implementation, in cooperation with the DTC
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelors Degree in relevant discipline required
• Minimum 4 years of relevant experience working in comparable environment required
• Expert knowledge of Food manufacturing production process, technology and standard operating procedures
• Advanced product technical knowledge (in connection with mechanical/industrial application) and technological knowledge (relating to the science of the process)
• Developed knowledge of, and advanced skill in, Organoleptic Testing (relating to sensory organs – taste)
• Health & safety / quality standards and work instructions, industrial installations.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.