Laboratory and Incoming Goods Quality Responsible
Job Location: Manisa
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
We, as Ferrero, foster quality in everything we do. In order to provide the standard quality level for our consumers and maintain their trust for our products, we put safety and traceability as top priorities. As a Manisa based Laboratory and Incoming Goods Quality Responsible, you will be directly reporting to the Plant Quality Manager.
In this role you will be responsible for coordinating and ensuring the incoming control of raw/packaging materials and handling materials’ related nonconformities. While doing so, you are expected to be in charge of the adaptation phase of new analytical testing methods via participating in corporate proficiency testing. On the system side, you will play an important role as an SAP quality module key user.
- Guarantee quality control of all incoming materials according to the group sampling plans; also be in charge of the packaging and surprises labs and perform simple merchandising analysis on raw materials
- Ensure that chemical and microbiological and packaging laboratory, organoleptic analysis are performed timely with the underlying possible critical aspects reported so that eventual corrective actions can be taken in collaboration with the Quality Manager when required
- Ensure the optimum structure (layout, instruments, activity organization) within the laboratory according to the central guidelines (reagent storage management, instrument calibration, application of safety regulations, application of central methods on portal, etc.)
- Perform laboratory analysis in accordance with the methodology defined by TS EN 1SO, IEC 17025 and Ferrero Group requirements
- Manage the ring test process with external companies and Ferrero Central Laboratory; and guarantee the correct quality of results (precision and accuracy) in compliance with standards
- Develop and ensure a personnel management system based on identification of the Group’s values, motivation, and development of competence
- Lead the adaptation process of the new analytical test methods on site and train the personnel in this regard if needed
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferably +5 years of experience in a related industry and area
- Good knowledge of ISO 9001, FSSC22000, ISO 17025 requirements and familiarity with the production technique and quality standards
- Knowledge in quality standards and regarding techniques of sampling and laboratory analysis; including chemical, microbiological, packaging and sensorial analysis.
- Excellent leadership skills with planning and coordinating capabilities
- Calibration knowledge
- Expert knowledge of SAP QM
- Advanced level of English both written and spoken
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.