Job Location: Franklin Park, IL
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
About the Role:
In collaboration with Quality Assurance and Production, the Junior Technologist will guarantee the proper application of the procedures using specifications, standards, methods, and instruments to measure and monitor the development of the process in the product, during production. Additionally, this position will be familiar with all the distinguishing aspects of the product, supervising and safeguarding results of the semi-finished and finished goods and making necessary adjustments to the process/systems. Lastly, the Junior Technologist will perform standardized qualitative and quantitative tests to determine physical or chemical properties with the main objective of enhancing the product esthetically, preserving the product and cost-containing.
- Responsible for knowing the distinct characteristics of the product and troubleshooting for technological difficulties
- Responsible for training and updating anything involving the technological and production process (in strict collaboration with the RTO, RDL and Team Leaders)
- Compute moisture contents, percentages of ingredients, formulas, or other product factors, using mathematical and physical control procedures
- Responsible for data collection and system analysis for the processes relating to the results of the finished goods
- Publish parameters for production line settings and ensure keeping them up to date
- Responsible for implementation of correct application process consistency (dosage, timelines, critical parameters, etc.,) regarding the product specification/requirements for the new lines/equipment
- Performing tests of new products/processes
- Provide advice and guidance to Production personnel on the adaptation to the production process for the purpose of implementing the product/process
- Responsible for data collection and system analysis for the processes relating to the production line/equipment start up
- Tasting products in order to ensure that their profile meet specifications, and in selected samples with specific characteristics
- Support Quality and Production to ensure all program requirements/standards regarding quality and food safety are implemented, practiced and maintained.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food Engineering and Technology
- Proficient in improvement practices in Process Technology
- Knowledge of, and advanced skill in, Organoleptic Testing (relating to sensory organs – taste)
- Knowledge of industrial equipment, production process and technology, standard operating procedures, health & safety / quality standards and work instructions, industrial installations
- Good in Analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, Data Analysis, Excel, Communication and also Presentation Abilities
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.