Indirect Procurement Junior Buyer
Job Location: London
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
We have a opportunity for an Junior Indirect Procurement Buyer that will support to develop and deploy the procurement strategy in conjunction with the team and the Procurement Manager, to create the best value for the business. Establishes the link between our business and the supply base – making sure our contracts, products & processes are fit for purpose.
Supporting the team and the Procurement Manager - You will create productive relationships with key stakeholders and work collaboratively externally and internally across all areas of the business to ensure the right quality of goods and service are delivered to the right place, at the right time and at the right cost.
You will work with the Procurement Manager & Procurement Buyer to understand the corporate strategy and the business needs in the Short to Long term, as well as;
- Supporting procurement with understanding the aspects of the supply market, supplier capability (current and new entrants), supplier strategy, product cost structure & commodity trends, to develop an appropriate procurement strategy for the category of responsibility.
- Working with internal stakeholders to populate a rounded Vendor Scorecard to allow effective communication of performance issues to relevant suppliers.
- Regularly communicate market intelligence and cost trends to key stakeholders, which will support establishing a transparent budget for every item procured.
- Work together to develop and agree SLAs where appropriate and where an SLA exists, facilitate the review process between the external and internal owners of the relationship.
- Ensure Uphold the purpose of the Procurement Procedures in the internal business.
- Deliver forecasted savings, cost reduction and value enhancing projects.
- Support with the the preparation of tenders and briefing of suppliers - collaborating analysis of quotes
- Contract drafting and facilitation with vendors and internal stakeholders
- You will support business continuity and projects; manage costs and negotiate favourable rates and terms with existing suppliers, while mitigating and escalating disruptions/risks ahead of time to relevant teams.
- Allow effective communication of performance issues to relevant suppliers by working with internal stakeholders in completing Vendor Scorecards and developing SLAs to facilitate the review process and improve supplier performance through regular reviews. ,
- Support with administration tasks, including SAP related tasks as: setting up suppliers, PR/PO support and management, suppliers claim management, and work with requesting functions to ensure PO housekeeping minimizes the number of under/over receipts.
Who we are looking for:
You are a demonstrated self-starter, who can work in both a team environment and/or independently, with a passion for our brands and products, ideally with exposure across indirect sourcing and SAP experience. You will have experience in a business administrative environment., computer literate with a familiar understanding of standard Microsoft products including Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams and Power-point.
You have the ability to work in a global organisation and you have proven experience in working in a fast moving and result driven environment. You're flexible to travel to our different sites to support on specific projects.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.