Health & Safety Specialist - Florence, KY
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Health and Safety Specialist (H&S) is responsible for maintaining the health and safety of the plant workforce and environment by monitoring and evaluating health and safety conditions; assuring compliance with applicable policies, procedures and governmental standards; and maintenance of the H&S Programs for the site. The primary objective is to ensure a safe and incident-free work environment including methodologies, initiatives and strategies that promote safe operations, safety awareness, training and continuous improvement to eliminate or control unsafe behaviors, environments and hazards.
- Deliver health and safety programs to train employees in worksite safety practices by promoting and leading a site culture where safety is engrained as a core value with all employees
- Collaborate with employees to identify and implement solutions to safety issues identified in inspections and investigations to eliminate incidents and preventing recurrence
- Effectively coach and develop supervisors to be effective Health and Safety leaders/coaches
- Review incident and injury reporting and analyze data to identify trends
- Compliance with regulations and company policies by routinely interacting with employees on the plant floor
- Analyze Health and Safety programs, conditions and behaviors and recommend changes to continuously improve site Health and Safety performance
- Provide key support with all site environmental policies and procedures
- Lead and ensure thorough investigation of all incidents, in coordination with site leadership
- Foster/develop a culture where everyone is actively engaged in performing their work in a safe manner and co-workers hold each other accountable to prevent at-risk behaviors
- Oversee regulatory compliance audits/inspections and associated record keeping
- In partnership with HR, oversee worker’s compensation claims by working with the insurance company, injured employee and clinics from the opening of the claim and until the claim closes
- Collaborate with other key functions on initiatives including Engineering, HR, Quality, Operations, etc. to deliver on goals and plans
- Understand, demonstrate and is a role model of the Company’s Operating Principles; Agile, Collaborate, Empowering and Leading with Integrity
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Occupational Safety, Environmental Sciences or related field, or a combination of education and experience related to the position
- Demonstrated 5-10 years of experience working in a safety and environmentally conscious manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years of experience in successfully coordinating EHS sustainability activities in a manufacturing setting
- Knowledge of laws and regulations regarding OSHA, NFPA, DOT and EPA
- Strong technical expertise in manufacturing safety and knowledge of safety processes
- Professional certifications in EHS related fields are considered beneficial
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.