Food Safety and Quality System Supervisor
Job Location: North Canton
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Food Safety & Quality Systems will provide leadership, guidance and support in the areas of Food Quality Systems (ISO 9001) and Food Safety programs to assure the production and distribution of safe, quality foods. Assuring that our products and processes have best quality and sensory performance and provide technical expertise in food safety programs, food safety regulation and regulatory compliance. Direct validation activities to assure compliance with FSMA and GFSI. This position has responsibility for food safety for FMCB.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to ensure all food safety and regulatory requirements are met as well as support the maintenance and ongoing improvement for GFSI audits.
- Communicate with GFSI certification body and participate as one of the main practitioner contacts in the audits.
- Develop and implement in-plant policies, SOPs and/or templates to sustain compliance with FSMA and GFSI requirements.
- Oversee compliance with, maintenance of and ongoing improvement for GFSI audits through an effective system that reviews, monitors and re-assesses the continued effectiveness of all elements of the programs (e.g. commitment, verification, validation, pre-requisite programs, document control, SOPs, training, etc.) to ensure ongoing compliance and certification.
- Validate through in-plant inspections, record review, audits and behavioral observations that programs and processes are followed and effective for FSMA and GFSI standards. This includes but not limited to; receiving, pest control, sanitation, Hazard Analysis Risk Based Preventative Control plans and management, environmental monitoring.
Who we are looking for:
4-7 years in the food industry.
Experience with FDA and Quality System rules, FSMA regulations, including planning and implementation.
Experienced in root cause analysis and problem solving
Bachelor's Degree in Science
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.