Food Safety and Quality Assurance Specialist
Job Location: Trabzon
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
We, as Ferrero, foster quality in everything we do. In order to provide the standard quality level for our consumers and maintain their trust for our products, we put safety and traceability as one of the top priorities. As a Food Safety and Quality Assurance Specialist, in this role you will be responsible for the procedures and guidelines related with food safety matters to guarantee the optimum quality measures within the plant.
Directly reporting to the Quality Manager, the role is Trabzon based, where one of our Hazelnut plants are located.
• You will define necessary rules in accordance with Ferrero Corporate Quality and other external organizations, in order to guarantee product (workflow) traceability, to detect origins of quality related issues
• You will develop, update, and sustain Food Safety system in order to meet FSSC 22000, BRC and Ferrero Standards regulatory guidelines and maintain certification in collaboration with Corporate Quality
• You will review and assess periodical records from production, Sanitation, GMP’s, and Food safety
• You will assist in facilitation of all Food Safety auditing and inspections
• You will conduct validation and verification of Preventive Controls
• You will develop and update HACCP plans, through risk analysis method
• You will coordinate and support the Food Safety and Quality Supervisor with all activities related to pest control program (i.e, monitor trends, implement corrective actions needed)
• You will interact with the B2B customers to manage complaints (about perceived quality etc.…)
• You will implement and follow up action plans and improvement projects to improve the DQG audit score
• You will assist in customer expectations/requirements and customer audits in collaboration with the other related parties
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Preferably +5 years of experience in a related department
• Active involvement in related operations especially in quality systems of food industry (HACCP,BRCGS and FSSC 22000)
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills with a problem solver attitude
• Good presentation and communication skills and ability to deliver training sessions
• Ability of multitasking with a deadline-centric approach
• Knowledge in SAP
• Advanced English
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.