Job Location: Louisville
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Exhibit good communication and teamwork skills. Maintain exceptional housekeeping standards at all times and adhere to GMP and SSOPs. Participate in and provide support for team initiatives in the areas of Safety, Quality, and Productivity. Must have basic computer skills (use of Microsoft Office Products, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Maximo). Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, this position will provide technical support & direction to facilitate maintenance activities including troubleshooting, major overhauls, and critical downtimes. Other duties as assigned.
- Disassemble and rebuild gearboxes, pumps, rotary valves, cylinders, solenoid valves and other plant-related equipment.
- Use reference materials to get the job done efficiently.
- Demonstrate the ability to size sprockets and pulleys to determine speeds and ratios.
- Use bearing numbers to determine types and sizes, and the proper handling of bearings.
- Demonstrate the ability to distinguish chain, sprockets and V-belt sizes and types.
- Demonstrate the ability to use calipers and micrometers.
- Demonstrate efficiency and general machining capability on lathes and milling machines.
- Demonstrate the capability of tracking product conveyor belts.
- Demonstrate the ability to use a Digital Multi-Meter.
- Demonstrate the ability to use amp probe and diagnose motor overload.
- Read motor nameplates and wire in motor.
- Demonstrate the proper way to check for faulty fuses using ohmmeter.
- Thread pipe, and bend and thread conduit properly.
Who we are looking for:
Qualified candidates must demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical & mechanical systems. Prefer an Associate Degree in Electronic/Electrical Technology or Technical/Trade School degree with emphasis on manufacturing technology and process automation (PLC programming a plus but not mandatory) with at least 3 years' experience in industrial maintenance. Allen Bradley PLC troubleshooting experience highly desirable, along with VFDs, and basic level servo drive troubleshooting experience. Ability to read and comprehend electric, pneumatic and hydraulic prints, schematics, assembly drawings, operations and maintenance manuals, and other technical literature
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.