Customer & Category Development Manager Travel Market
Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As a Customer & Category Development Manager, you will be in charge of developing and implementing a sales strategy aligned with the Brand strategy for a defined category, in long term partnerships’ development with our Travel Retail customers.
You will be developing and executing the Category Trade Marketing Plan, with a special focus on the Top Airports and Border stores, improving the brand presence through excellence in in-store planning and execution.
You will be responsible for adapting the category strategies to fit with Local and Customers’ conditions, in order to meet Ferrero’s objectives in terms of volume and profitability for the assigned categories.
In addition, you will be defining and implementing temporary activities (II placement, HPP, Global Brand Activation) in the Airport channel for all categories, according to the Trade Marketing plan and the global Travel Market strategy.
CATEGORY / CHANNEL STRATEGIES & PLANS
- You will monitor and analyze trade, competitors and shopper market data related to the assigned Channel / Category, in order to identify business opportunities and develop new Trade Marketing plans
- You will develop innovative tactics to help retailers meet their shoppers’ needs (Trade Category Management projects)
- Besides, you will develop effective medium- and long-term Local strategies in line with the Ferrero Group Marketing guidelines and translate marketing plans to specific Channel / Customer plans (session plans, promotion, etc.) in line with retailers needs
- You will define the channel vision as well as the Category one for the retailers, through Shopper & Insight based rationale
- Additionally, you will work on developing “My Perfect Store” Channel and Customer Strategies and KPIs, also managing the full PoSM process for your Channel / Category
- Last but not least, you will actively support Key Account Managers providing argumentation to develop joint business plans, monitoring performances of implemented plans at channel / account / Category level
IN STORE ACTIVITY MANAGEMENT
- You will coordinate the development of sales promotion activities by defining the plan with the Sales team at store level, respecting budget and marketing guidelines.
- You will track in store activities performances ensuring Company guidelines and timeline are met
- You will be in charge of briefing creative and production agencies to install the fixtures, and will interact with the Customers to organize installation, promoter training, tasting, etc. always evaluating the ROI.
- You will provide to Sales the best tools and means required for the implementation of the Marketing Strategy inside the point of sale, integrating Marketing activities and Customers Management promotional projects, developing field force supporting tools (e.g. catalogues) and coordinating information flows between Marketing and Sales
Who we are looking for:
- Relevant academic background (Bachelors, Masters or related)
- 5 years of professional experience, ideally in a Channel & Category Management position, in Travel Retail or FMCG industry preferably
- Good analytical and presentation skills
- You demonstrate proactivity and resilience
- You are dynamic and results oriented
- MS Office, especially Power Point and Excel.
- English proficiency is a must; any additional language is a plus.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.