Customer Business Development District Manager
Job Location: Changchun
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The main purpose of the role is to manage Ferrero business in the assigned territory in all offline channels (Modern Trade and General Trade), achieving sales target and company’s objectives according to company guidelines.
1. Business Management and Planning
• In order to ensure the achievement of the defined sales target, forecast the business in terms of stores sell- in, sell- out, stock and resources, according to the importance of channel/city and the activity plan, effectively adjusting the selling quantities based on the stores' inventory levels and reducing potential shortage/Out-of-Stock rate, aging goods issues and potential returns;
• Manage the monthly budget for the city/district, and allocate resources by business priority & importance to ensure the promotional budget are well-allocated;
• Master the store lists of direct and indirect customers in local territory; prioritize the customers according to the importance of the channel;
• Ensure excellent execution of the store activities in terms of brands, distribution and visibility;
• Analyze and control business data and results and define improvement initiatives.
• Understand the progress, priorities and challenges of KA's trading terms; support and assist the negotiation work according to the customer competitive conditions in local
2. Distributor Management
• Engage key stakeholders in Route to Market's model and develop a distributor Joint Business Plan (JBP) to set clear sales/investment/warehouse logistics objectives, annual activity plans, sales volume forecasts and KPIs;
• Implement selection process and define with distributor the level of service expected (business model, distributor sales force management, KPIs), monitoring the actual outcome based on data;
• Understand the distributor selection criteria to complete the distributor's change & close according to the related processes.
• Regularly review relevant distributor's sales & financial performance and rebate performance; jointly develop the business and investment plans for distributor's next business cycle, identifying problems and business opportunities to develop actionable business solutions, helping distributors and Ferrero to achieve win-win results;
• Manage distributors' reimbursement (cost) application process to ensure trade spending are accurately and timely pay off;
• Monitor the price system and the direction of goods flow.
• Track the results of store executions regularly; share summaries across the team and integrate the results into specific action plans.
3. Team Management
• Permanent coaching and individual evaluation and development of the knowledge and selling skills of every team member, lead their performance evaluation process;
• Building team’s talent pipeline.
Who we are looking for:
• College degree or above. English CET 4. Familiar with MS office;
• Relevant work experience in FMCG companies in Field Sales, responsible for the business of all channels (MT and GT);
• Solid sales technique and business acumen, strong negotiation ability, excellent knowledge of offline business in the assigned district both in MT and GT;
• Excellent leadership and communication skills. Self-motivated, able to work under pressure.
* Chinese Local Labor contract with local salary & benefits package will be offered for this position.
** Proficiency in Mandarin speaking.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.