Assistant Customer Business Development District Manager
Job Location: Guangzhou
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
To achieve Sales Results as well as to develop coverage and the Ferrero Building Blocks for the city assigned.
Sales Forecast, Budget and Objectives
• Develop and manage operatively weekly rolling sales forecasts for the assigned district
• Ensures in line with business objectives the proper management of budget (reach targets on trade spending, returns, profits)
Customer plans and sales development
• Detect and propose business development and growth opportunities, ensure quantity and quality development in the assigned district (Business Blocks KPIs)
• Properly distribute resources (human, financial, POSM, etc.) for most effective ROI
• Presents, negotiate and sign agreed budget with distributors if any (Define and communicate objectives and policy to customers)
• Defines with distributor the level of service expected (business model, dedicated vs shared sales force, KPIs etc) and monitor the actual outcome
• Ensure application of national and local KA agreements
• Ensure achievement of the district sales targets (Building Blocks KPIs)
• Propose sales force structure – dedicated vs shared sales force etc., location, headcount
• Manage distributors and wholesalers, ensure payment to Ferrero, follow up credits and assure the information flow from distributors on sales and expenses
Planning and control
• Plans daily and weekly routing and ensures conformity by sales representatives
• Monitors field activities performance and accomplishment of sales conditions, agreements and relevant BB KPIs
• Ensure stock management and control, propose actions to resolve over-stocks, out-of stocks
• Ensure that all agreed reports are provided timely and accurately - from distributor, from the sales force (in store scorecard) and ensure accuracy, up & down with KAM (actuals on stocks and sales, freshness, other regional reports, reports from promoters)
Marketing and Trade Marketing
• Implement brand strategies, achieve qualitative and quantitative objectives set by marketing, report on opportunities, obstacles
• Ensure implementation of TM activities, active and proper in-store activities execution
• Is responsible for control: visibility, positioning of POSM and takes measures to execute trade marketing activities if they are not in place
• Makes proposals on new types of POSM and in-store activities to Regional TM Supervisor
• Control work of Promoter (during market visit) – presence, presentation etc. Report on issues to Regional Trade Marketing Supervisor.
Managing Human Resources
• Define sales targets to field team for the structure managed by SKU, control results
• Regularly evaluate performance of the structure assigned through joint visits and market visits: evaluate achievement of the BB KPIs, effect coaching and motivate subordinates
• Participate in recruitment and selection according to the job descriptions and company values
• Train new comers on merchandising, sales skills, Trade marketing execution, explain Ferrero sales principles and commercial policy, communicate new products, new projects, promo etc.
Other tasks assigned by line manager or company
Who we are looking for:
* Chinese Local Labor contract with local package will be provided for this position.
** Proficiency in English and Mandarin speaking.
- Have trainings in related fields as Sales skills; negotiating skills
- Have great Logical thinking
- Organization ability and team management
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.