Agri Competence Center Stream Leader - Pest and Diseases
Job Location: Senningerberg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our Ferrero HQ in Luxembourg, we are currently looking for a Stream Leader Manager in Hazelnut Company to be responsible for studying, analyse and share, within the assigned competence area, the best agricultural practices and guidelines aiming to increase the quality and quantity of available and sustainable hazelnut.
- Is accountable for studying and spreading best agricultural practices and guidelines in regards of Pest and Diseases stream (both for outgrowing and owngrowing) in order to enhance productivity and product quality (in compliance with Ferrero standard);
- Proposes solutions aimed at improving hazelnut crop protection strategies;
- Set up trials and projects with external partners (Universities, research centers, etc..), aimed to increase the knowledge on the most harmful organism which attack hazelnuts;
- Manages strategies against new emerging pest and diseases.
- Analyze, with the Head of Agri Comptence Center, strategies and solutions to better preserve qualitative and quantitative hazelnuts productions around the world;
- Monitor the progress of the assigned research projects;
- Evaluate results of studies and scientific projects in order to propose new advancements related to crop protection;
- Evaluate chemical products, their effectiveness and capacity of elaborate appropriate IPM (Integrated Pest Management) strategies.
Is accountable to manage trainings to internal and external resources related to:
- Integrated pest management system;
- Diseases affecting hazelnut trees;
- New exotic pests threating the hazelnut cultivation.
- Is accountable to manage the financial resources assigned to the pest and diseases stream, including forecasting future expenses.
- Research & Development Dept;
- All HCo department, including Owngrowing and Outgrowing,
- External partners including Universities, Research Center, Local and international Institutions.
Who we are looking for:
- MSc in Agriculture or related field;
- At least 5 years of experience in Agriculture, preferably in Crop protection;
- Previous experience as a field specialist or researcher;
- Preferably experience in Nuts or fruit trees;
- Knowledge in in setting up field trials, in chemicals and organic products;
- Crop entomology and phytopathology expertise;
- Knowledge on invasive pest and phytosanitary procedure to contain them;
- Agricultural machinery knowledge, especially related to spraying;
- Experience in IPM strategies, managing orchards or farms and new emerging pests;
- Good statistical knowledge;
- Capacity to manage projects and cooperation with Research institutions, internal and local stakeholders.
- Good skills in MS-Office applications.
- Fluency in English;
- Italian and Spanish are considered a plus.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.