Vice President of Trade Marketing & Category Management
Job Location: North York/Toronto
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Diversity & Inclusion
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
This position is responsible for supporting the Market in developing and implementing a sales strategy aligned with Brand strategy. The position is also responsible for providing tools and means to activate Ferrero Category strategies in the point of sale and acting as a “process integrator’’ mainly between Local Marketing and Sales. Responsible to adapt the Ferrero Group Category strategies to fit with Local conditions (in terms of both categories and clients) in order to meet Company objectives with regard to volume and profitability by Category.
This role is located at 100 Sheppard Avenue East, North York, ON M2N 6N5.
Category Strategies & Plans
• Monitors and analyzes trade, competitors and shopper market data related to the assigned Channel / Category, in order to identify business opportunities and develop new Trade Marketing plans
• Develops innovative tactics to help retailers to meet their shoppers’ needs
• Develops effective medium- and long-term Local strategies in line with the Ferrero Group Marketing guidelines
• Defines the Category Vision for Retailer, through Shopper & Insight based rationale
• Develops the My Perfect Store Channel, Customer Strategies, and KPIs
• Lead the annual planning process (PCS); in conjunction with Marketing, to implement the brand trade strategies and brand customer plans on a channel or regional level
• Control and optimize value of Key Account customer investment by developing and maintain trade budgets to implement the annual trade and brand plans, and deliver the company sales and profit objectives
• Develop annual forecasts and plans for each brand. Monitor performance and recommend alternative plans if necessary to achieve targets
In Store Activity Management
• Provides to Sales the best tools and means required for the implementation of the Marketing Strategy inside the point of sale:
• coordinating the development of sales promotion activities, and the implementation of Trade Marketing initiatives at store level
• tracking store activities performances ensuring Company guidelines and timeline are met
• providing to Sales Function effective information about products, promotional activities and display materials
• integrating Marketing activities and Customers Management promotional projects
• ensuring the implementation of “on Point of Sales” activities, like promotions, placement, POP material, Point of Sales (POS) animation
• developing field force supporting tools (e.g. catalogues)
Display and Promotional Development
• Works with the Marketing Functions to devise and implement new promotional activities and display, on the basis of the needs collected by the Trade / Distribution Channels
• Defines the placement guidelines for shelf, checkouts and second placement
Sales Planning & Revenue Management
• Responsible for revenue management, trade spend control and monitoring.
• Responsible for iBO (incremental Business Opportunity) process ensuring strategic, profitable trade opportunities beyond the target trade rate
• Plays a key role in the S&OP process
Human Resources Management
• Operates in accordance with Group guidelines to recruit, manage, motivate, coach and develop own staff.
• Ensures “people development plans” via training and performance development management.
• Maintains a succession plan to continually grow/upgrade the organization.
• Directs and maintains various activities designed to promote and maintain a high level of employee engagement.
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor's degree with at least 10 years relevant experience in the CPG industry
• Extensive knowledge of retail and wholesale channel customer strategies as they pertain to category management, merchandising, consumer engagement and logistics
• Skill in re-engineering process/procedures, formulating trade and sales strategies
• Skill in identifying key customer and consumer insights
• Skill in motivating and training sales personnel.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community (suppliers, customers, associations, brokers).
• Skill in negotiating and managing contractual arrangements.
• Skill in performance management and employee development.
• Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
• Skill in fostering a cooperative work environment.
• Skill in planning, organizing, and implementing a range of sales promotion programs and/or events.
• Skill in coordinating and organizing effective meetings.
• Skill in sound financial decision making
• Extensive knowledge of Ferrero Group freshness objectives/best practices.
• Extensive knowledge of evolving sales support technologies, procedures and deployment strategies
• Strong knowledge of global best practices in the areas of strategic planning and control, category management and merchandising
• Computer, negotiation, presentation and financial skills
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.