Transportation Operations Manager
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy®.
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
The Commercial Supply Chain Transportation Operation Manager is responsible for the management and continuous improvement of commercial transportation logistics used by the company for deploying to the distribution network and delivering products to customers. They will be instrumental in the development and implementation of strategies and process changes to improve supply chain efficiency and control costs while ensuring the optimization of the logistics network.
- Ensure seamless operational flow of good from the Ferrero Industrial sites to the distribution centers and through to Ferrero customers
- Manage the business relationship with logistics suppliers who provide transportation and freight payment services
- Manage periodic reviews with logistics suppliers on performance results and project statuses
- Monitor and report on the carrier performance and drive improvement while building a strong relationship with carriers
- Collaborate with transportation vendors to evaluate accuracy of transit times in systems
- Report on and drive process improvements to increase on-time delivery
- Support validation of customer penalties and OS&D deductions related to the Ferrero Supply Chain
- Create efficient solutions to optimize internal transfers between our locations
- Manages a team of two people
Supply Chain Support:
- Actively manage any optimization projects, including IT improvements
- Support and participate RFP with Supply chain procurement team
- Support Customer Service, Sales & Planning to meet urgent delivery requests from customers and monitor expectations
- Work closely with Customer Service and Planning teams to provide transportation solutions to improve our service to our customers while effectively managing costs
- Support all month end activities to ensure Ferrero supply chain is delivering targeted results
- Point of contact for recall procedures
Who we are looking for:
- Thorough understanding of transportation operations, budgeting and carrier management
- At least 7 years of Supply Chain work experience, with at least 3 of those with a focus on Transportation or Logistics Management
- Understanding of development of appropriate KPIs
- Skilled in relationship management with vendors to drive continuous improvement mindset across the supply chain
- Ability to support day to day operations while completing key projects and analysis
- Strong knowledge of advanced analysis techniques such as Excel (vlookup, pivot tables, Macros)
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain or business
- Proficiency with SAP computer systems
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.